Our 5th Anniversary...and I missed it!

missmarisa
on 8/9/06 12:47 pm - Sussex, NJ
Do you know I didn't even realize that it was my 5th anniversary...until I opened my "Happy Anniversary" email from the founder, and I was like "Aha!" So...Happy Anniversary! (or is it????) This is the first time I've been on the 8/2001 message board, and I've been catching up on all the past 3 years of posts I've missed. I, too, struggle with weight gain. I started gaining at 1 year when I was 15 weeks pregnant....that was tough knowing that during my "optimum weightloss time" I had to be concerned with gaining weight. I gained 47 pounds with my first pregnancy. Thankfully, I lost it all over the next year, and when my son turned 1, I was at my lowest weight after GB. Then over the next year, I gained 20 pounds. I was drinking soda again. I was eating cookies all the time because my grandfather's "lady friend" (He's 81, she's 79...God Bless them!!) kept bringing over trays full of cookies, and of course, after twisting my arms, I had to scarf them down. I didn't pay attention to anything I ate, I just ate what I wanted. I also started my anti-depressant again. I'm blessed I only gained 20! Then, on my son's 2nd birthday, I learn I'm pregnant again. This time around, I ate better, and I only gained 20 pounds. My daughter just turned 10 months old. Over the past 3 years, my husband started packing on the pounds. He's a Police Officer, and his uniforms had gotten so tight that he stopped wearing his body armor because it wouldn't fit under his shirt! That was dangerous, and I finally said "We have to do something because I can't worry about you everytime you walk out the door...I do that enough already!" On June 7, I joined ediets.com and started following the Eat for Life program by Bill Phillips. It's perfect for me because he believes in eating 6 small meals a day. He's big into portion sizes. (Imagine my 300+ pound, 6'4" husbands face when I made him a steak for dinner, and he looked at the 4 oz. piece of meat and said "No, really, where's the rest of it???") Which, again, is perfect for me because I'm all about portion control. I've become quite a gourmet chef because I try to make our meals as decadent and amazing as possible so that we are happy with our new eating style. My husband has lost 30+ pounds since June 7, weighing in this morning at 269 pounds. I've lost a whopping 12 pounds! Yahoo! (Ok, I'm trying to sound happier than I am, I had just hoped to be losing a little more by now.) At least I'm under 200 for the first time in almost 2 years!! It's a constant struggle, and we all face it. Unfortunately, I didn't learn 5 years ago. I didn't practice what I preached. But, at least I'm losing once again. My goal is to be back in the 170's by my 10th anniversary Oct. 26. That would be nice. Wish me luck!! My thoughts and prayers are with everyone as we struggle with old deamons, and continue this long, constant battle...
Lisa G.
on 8/23/06 11:42 pm - Kensington, CT
Happy Five Year Anniversary..to all of all "old troopers"! Ha! Hey..this is Lisa...from CT. I had my RnY on 8/23/01 in NYC.....I am a regainer. Never made it to goal..not even close. BUT..I still dont really regret having the surgery. I'll take 220 over 295 anyday! But..I DO have to get serious about it again. I am tired of people looking at me and saying things like" huh?! YOU had gastric bypass surgery?" Pleas,e lets keep in touch. I havent heard from anyone on here for over three years! Lisa
bzerm01
on 9/2/06 12:10 pm - Ford City, PA
Hey I forgot mine too. LOL I just remembered when I saw the email. Congratulations on making it this far. Do you use proteion drionks at all? I find they help me the most with the carb cravings when i use 3 a day. I have been using only 1 or 2 a day for a while and need to focus on them once again. They helped me reset my pouch in January. I lost 15 pounds using them and have only gained 10 back. Yikes. i need to focus for sure. You are getting there and I know it is hard this far out. I did follow the program and i reached my goal. I am happy with my weight loss. I hope you have a great year this year. Hugs Bobbi
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 Year update!
LIZA B. · 0 replies · 602 views
My nine year update
macrobin · 1 replies · 655 views
Where are you ladies?
thestylest · 0 replies · 751 views