TO THOSE WHO ARE GAINING WEIGHT BACK OR HAVE STOPPED LOSING!

macrobin
on 7/27/03 6:43 am
I will be two years out this August. I had stopped losing weight as of the end of last October. That is 8 months of no weight loss! I thought I was through for good! I thought that I would have to have the rest of it taken off by plastic surgery! WRONG! My two older sisters have been on Weigh****chers for a while now and they kept swearing to me that it works. I kept thinking to myself that it was too slow or that I wouldn't like keeping track of what I was eating! WRONG! I will have been on Weigh****chers a week today and I've already dropped 5 pounds! Now for two years out that's awesome! I can't believe I've done it! It's so EASY to count points instead of calories too! Now, granted I still do my journal on FitDay and so I'm keeping count of calories, fat grams, carbs, etc., also. What I have found is that when I'm through with my points for the day, I'm also right around 1200 calories for the day also. I realize now that even though I was eating mostly protein, I was eating too many calories! Protein is great but your body can only burn up so many calories in a day! So, WE HAVE TO COUNT THEM, even if it is by points instead. The point is that WEIGH****CHERS WORKS! TRY IT! The weight will come off more quickly than you think! I can't believe I've lost 5 pounds in a week! I'm going to be 45 in a month and if I can do this, anyone can! Just write me at: [email protected]!
draysmoms
on 8/3/03 8:03 am - new bern, NC
I am find this to be soooooooo true. Not only have the weight been slower to lose, but am gradually eating more as well. I find that alto low carb works well for me I am consuming a lot more calories than what I did when I first had wls. I will look into ww and also ordered bodyflex to learn arobic breathung. I have been hearing some impressive results from others that have been doing it. Hope to see more post here CathyakaMary Richards
sheila V.
on 8/29/04 11:21 am - florala, al
Boy, was I deceived about this WLS.I had no pyschatric counseling and dietary teaching before. This is a money making operation!I put my self at risk for the dream that only last short time.. I'm mad because I was misled.I lost only 85lbs and then stop losing, and now gaining back.I have heard so many horror stories of people dying and so many suffering from complication.The only true way of weight lost is diet modification and behavior modification.I have been more depressed about my surgery being a failure or should I say, I was a failure again. I glad that I'm not the only one.
macrobin
on 8/29/04 12:18 pm
Sheila, I am now 3 years out and am fighting a battle every day to keep my weight from ballooning up again! I got as low as 147 and have been as high as 172. I am currently at 160 and I have to follow a total protein regimen in order to lose any weight at all at this point. I never have thrown up since surgery but I do have dumping symptoms when I eat ice cream or too much sugars or fat. As far as your journey, please read my profile! There are others out there like you who have only lost a minimal amount of weight. There are reasons for this and it's NOT your fault! Read my profile and the stories at the bottom of people who have had the same problems as you have. Then go to your doctor and have him/her x-ray your pouch and see if you have the same problem they had! Don't blame this all on yourself or think that this surgery was a failure for you! You CAN do something about it! Let me know how it goes ok? God bless you girl!
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 Year update!
LIZA B. · 0 replies · 595 views
My nine year update
macrobin · 1 replies · 650 views
Where are you ladies?
thestylest · 0 replies · 750 views