Suggestions for further weight loss?

Erin O.
on 9/27/04 1:34 am - Hinton, WV
*sigh* I have been post op for 3 years now and I can NOT get below 170. It's like my body just set itself there and wont budge. It must be a question of simple anatomy to lose weight...caloric output vs. caloric intake, right? I wondered if anyone has an idea how I can drop some more of this weight!! I know that atleast 15 lbs. of it is skin...my surgeon told me that. But come on. I have to be atleast 150 in order to enlist in the military...and I gotta do that pretty soon. Anyone have any ideas???!?!?!?! I'm freaking out here. Thanks! Erin
tammym
on 9/27/04 1:52 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12
Hi Erin! I dont know if this will work for you but I think it might be working for me. I'm also 3 years out and have had trouble with plateaus and set points in my weight too. I read recently that your body will adjust to whatever you do, so you can jump start things by NOT being consistant. Change it up as much as you can. Don't do the same 'diet' every day. Don't follow the same eating or workout schedule. So, since I usually dont eat breakfast, I have been eating breakfast sometimes, eating different things than usual for lunch or dinner, doing a different kind of exercise at a different time than normal. Try learning a new sport (racquetball is fun!), or learning to cook a new cuisine. I just started this a week ago but I lost 3 pounds! I am at my lowest weight this year now. A few other things I do that may or may not make a difference- I always jog to the car (like I'm in a hurry!) when I go somewhere, always park far out in the lot so I have to walk farther, always take the stairs, always do a few extra squats when I have to take clothes out of the dryer. I work at a desk so I time my tasks so I have to get up and move around as frequently as possible. Just to file something, check the fax machine, make some copies, etc. You can do this! It is within your control! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 Year update!
LIZA B. · 0 replies · 602 views
My nine year update
macrobin · 1 replies · 655 views
Where are you ladies?
thestylest · 0 replies · 751 views