Please read HELP !!!!!

Cheetah
on 9/14/03 1:19 pm - Virginia, VA
My name is Shelia Im 36 years old and the mother of a 8 year old & a 5 year old. I was never really fat until I started having kids. Now at my present weight I weigh more than I did when I gave birth to either of my kids. I am really thinking of having this surgery. I have my papers from MCV right here in front of me and have started filling them out. However anyone that has has this surgery & would like to contact me and tell me how they feel about it and how they feel about Dr DeMaria or Dr Kellum I sure would be very happy to hear from you. Im a very big Pepsi drinker, and Im praying to God that I can lose that habit soon, so I will be ready for the let go of it lol If you email me could you please include like what you eat and drink of a typical day, Im really confused about that and I have started to try to make me a food diary so I can see what I need to do. Also on the meds & vit's you have to take for life. ANYTHING you want to tell me to help me I would love. Im in good health except for being round. I cant tell you what size I wear I wont buy clothes, cause they look big enough to fit a cow, & they either wont go on my butt or are skin tight lololol PLEASE EMAIL me, @ [email protected] Thank you so very much !!!!!!! Shelia
jennifer P.
on 10/4/03 4:25 am - vienna, wv
hi sheila, i am 33yrs old and i had my surgery 1yr, 2 months, and 2 days ago, and i would do it all over again....i weighed 319lbs when i had the surgery, and now i'm down to between 145-150lbs....i'm 5'9", and i was in a 26/28 clothes, and now i'm in an 8.....i feel great....i haven't had any major problems, but if i did it all over again, i would have listened to my surgeon better from the beginning, when it comes to my vitamins and eating habits....because now, i can eat almost anything again....i'm scared to try fast food (big mac's, whoppers, etc.), but i can now eat pizza, steak, all the good stuff, but just not a whole lot of it.....as far as your pop, they tell you not to drink it, but i drink mountain dew, dr. pepper, and there are still a lot of diet soda's that i drink, also.....i can also eat sugar again, but some of it upsets my stomach....now, at the beginning, i was not able to eat any of this stuff, so the first 6-7 months are the worst, but i promise it gets better....i was scared to try alot of the stuff until then......sometimes, i wish never would have tried them...lol..........the only meds you really will have to take for life are your vitamins, unless you develop other problems, like i am now taking pills for my stomach(nexium), and sometimes pain pills for, what they think is wrong with me, is adhesions, from the surgery, which is just scar tissue.....but if you do decide to have this surgery, good luck!!!!!!! jenny
melinda H.
on 11/2/03 9:17 am - kannapolis, nc
SHELIA I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH I AM GOING TO HAVE THE SURGERY BUT I HAVE GOT TO FILL OUT THE PAPER WORK SO I CAN GET THIS ON THE BALL I AM ALSO A PEPSI DRINKER AND I HAVE SWITCHED TO DIET PEPSI ONCED YOU SWITCH DONT GO BACK TO SWEET DRINKS GO COLD TURKEY IT WILL TASTE TERRIBLE AT FIRST BUT I HAVE LOST A FEW POUNDS BY6 JUST DRINKING DIET DRINKS. GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO EMAIL ME YOU CAN DO SO AT [email protected] I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS. MELINDA HOWELL
Most Active