ANYONE GAINING WEIGHT???

Elle Felts
on 5/2/04 11:00 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Since Christmas, I have gained 5 pounds. Anyone else having this problem this far out? Just curious! Any suggestions appreciated. Elle
Dawn B.
on 5/10/04 4:25 am - birmingham, AL
I have gained 2 pounds in the last two months..but quickly lost them plus some... my doc said it could of been water...
Annalee
on 5/11/04 7:32 am - San Francisco (Marin), CA
I gained about 20 earlier this year. I've lost it though. It truly IS possible to eat your way "back" from this surgery. ANYONE who says it is a "quick fix" is sadly mistaken. My weight will always continue to be a battle. Good luck to all of you.
jutz
on 5/24/04 9:03 am - York, PA
I've gained 7 from my lowest weight. I am struggling with it every day. thanks for posting. It' s nice to know I am not alone
Elle Felts
on 6/2/04 12:43 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
What did you do to lose the 20 pounds and how long did it take you to lose it? I know what you mean.....my weight will always be a battle as well. Had no idea it would be like this after WLS. I NEVER thought I'd have to diet the rest of my life. Just thought I'd be eating a lot less of anything I wanted to with the exception of sugar. Thanks for posting. Elle
Patty W.
on 6/9/04 5:20 am - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
I've gained 8# since February. It's been a really tough time and I lost my sister in March and turned to eating for comfort again. I didn't think that would have been possible. It's really hard to get rid of those 8#. I can feel the difference too. I hate it. Yes, this will be a struggle for our lifetime. Good luck to all of you. Patty (Aug 22, 2002 - 265#; today 140#)
Stephanie N.
on 6/11/04 12:03 pm - Canton, OH
Hi Patti, It's Stephanie from Canton. How are you. Long time no see. Sorry to hear you lost your sister. How are things otherwise. I am doing well. Off from work right now- had my lower body lift done. I'm down 243 pounds now. E-mail me if you still have my address. Come to the next CASS meeting if you can. We would love to see you. Second Tuesday each month at 7 PM at Perkins.
Annalee
on 6/9/04 6:07 am - San Francisco (Marin), CA
I cut back on what I was eating, DRASTICALLY. I literally went to liquids again (I was on liquids for 6 weeks after my surgery). I did sugar-free Jello, sugar free popsicles, chicken and beef boullion, vegetable boullion, water and "light" orange and grape juices (limited). It ended up being about 800 - 1,200 calories a day, depending on the day. Personally, since the surgery I drop weight like crazy when I want to. I actually lost 21 pounds in 8 days. But, that's just how I am. I like it! I've gained back 6, but I just ran the San Diego marathon (26.2 miles) this past Sunday and I've been training quite a bit, so I think it's muscle build-up too. Good luck!
Angela M.
on 6/12/04 2:46 pm - Lake Zurich, IL
Hello Elle, I am new to this website. Yes, I have gained about 10, then lost 5. I started to go back to my bad habits. I started to watch what I ate, even if it is sugar free it is not calorie free. I was nibbling a little too often. Plus I slacked off on my exercise. So, I went back to watching what I ate and had to start exercising again. The little things help to, park farther from the store entrence, take stairs, dance a little when doing house work. You Take Care! It makes me feel better to see I am not the only one who has gained and slips up once in awhile. Thank You all for sharing. Angie
MARY C.
on 6/16/04 5:53 am - NAPLES, FL
Yes you can gain weight, but is been very hard for me i'm in a high carb diet because I went down to 120 and i was very skinny yes skinny- that word was never in my vocabulary. I have gain about 7 pounds in one year and now i go from 125-128 . I will be going for lower body lift in July 27th, cant wait to put a two piece suit this summer. Be very carefull I do know alot of people that have never made it to their goal beacause of bad habits. good luck and life is great you you feel and look good.
Most Active