(BAND ERROSION) PLEASE HELP COMPLICATIONS

niteshadow181
on 6/12/05 3:19 pm - TX
I am post op patient of Dr Bosquez in Tulsa. I am almost 3 yrs post op having sever upper abdominal pain. My gastro Dr did a EGD on me yesterday ( 6-3-05 )and has questions on what he seen and wanting to talk to Dr Bosquez. Any former patients of Dr Bosquez know for sure where he went how to contact him ? Please email me [email protected]. i found the info after much searching, however i am not sure if he is activly in practice there it doesnt say he is even affiliated with a hospital yet, i did go friday 06/10/05 and consulted with dr gorospe, he didnt seem to inthused about helping me since my surgery was done by dr bosquez. as it turns out my complication is the restriction band has erroded into my pouch it isnt leaking at the moment, dr gorospe stated if it starts i would become extremely ill and have only 48hrs to get surgery. since it is currently stable he advised me to go back home to texas and have my gastro doctor tune me up, with iv iron because i am severly anemic and this would complicate surgery. he apparently is going to look into doing the repair. FYI to all that reads this, I was the third patient in the office friday that has this exact same issue what is really weird is all of us had surgery withing month of each other and all in 2002, the other two were dr gorospe's patients. i am currious to know how many more of us 2002 pt's have this problem. all ive had for past year is upper sever abdominal pain that i would rate a 12+ on pain scale and it comes on without warning and last from 2hrs to 2 to 3 days. i am not really sure that dr gorospe didnt just blow me off and isnt realy going to do the repair i will wait a few days to see if he/his staff does call me. however this must be done ( surgery) and very soon.
greglpres
on 11/11/06 7:22 am - smithfield, va
how are things going ? what resolution did you do to correct your problems? i am 4 years post op from 8/2002 and i am starting to have some upper abdominal pains that come and go. whats cause band erosion? thanks!
Krista S.
on 3/3/07 10:40 am - Palm Coast, FL
I also had band erosion. My symptoms were pain and vomiting. I had mine removed by the gastro. doctor that did an endoscope on me. He just used a tool on board and snipped then pulled the ring out. I asked if that was the correct procedure, worried about the holes left behind. They said the erosion is so slow that it leaves scar tissue behind it, so they don't worry about it too much. Anyway, hope you are ok. I think that the band caused me problems from day 1. Once they took it out, I felt so much better.
Most Active