Gaining Weight

ljzuege
on 2/10/06 6:54 am - Nashville, TN
I have been gaining wait for last 10 months. It is very disheartening. Still no eating very much. tests show pouch is still small and dumping fine but I am up about 60 lbs. I need some help.
lindyloutoo
on 8/26/06 7:42 am - Fort Atkinson, WI
Hi Lora, Have you identified your eating habits to see if you're slipping into pre-surgery habits. i.e. grazing between meals, huge meals instead of smaller more frequent, eating late at night, no excercise?? Even little things like maybe sucking on hard candy or drinking sips of pop or juices many many times during the day or night may trigger your weight gain. Also, you shouldn't be testing the dumpoing theory you need to stya away from foods or drinks that cause the dumping in the first place. maybe you need to up your excercise program with more time walking , stretching, etc. i find that even maching in place during the television commercials aids in maintaining wt. A first place to start would be to start the marching excercise during all commercials and writing down all food and drink intake ( along with excercise), the amounts, and times to see if there is a pattern that is detrimental. The other side is your mental health...depression may cause weight gain. And either issue should be addressed with your health care professional and your support group.
Most Active