Pain after Eating or Drinking

rrj1770
on 10/15/06 9:03 am - St. Louis, MO
I am 3 years post-op and my gallbladder was removed 30 days after I had surgery. I have been generally healthy and feeling great. I lost 160 lbs and have gained back about 12lbs...not too bad. Anyway, I've started to experience severe pain(mostly on the left side) after eating or drinking. This has been going on for about 5 days. I went to the emergency room. They did all the blood and urine test and found nothing. They prescribed Bentnyl to stop the stomach cramping. Although that works my stomach is still cramping up. They have only treated the symptoms but not the cause. What can this be????
Darlene E.
on 10/29/06 11:30 am - Tallapoosa, GA
I have just had this same thing happen to me and for the second time I have had an intestinal hernia. I had one 2 years ago and again just this past week. Email me if you want to. Darlene
Mike L.
on 12/8/06 4:50 am - Yardley, PA
I am three years out and had pain in the same area a few months ago. Turns out it was a hernia on the left side. Had outpatient hernia repair surgery, and felt better immediately once I awoke. Please have yourself checked out for this possibility. mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 888 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 773 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1023 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 793 views