almost 4 years out now

dustysmommy
on 5/22/07 11:40 pm - Bridgeport, TX
Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been active here in a long long time. I was wondering how much weight has anyone gained back after being almost 4 years post-op? I've gained back about 50 lbs, and hope I am not on my way back to pre-op size. Any sugestions would be appericated. Thanks Jen
sandyh
on 6/1/07 6:09 am - Enterprise, AL
I have only gained 10 pounds back from my lowest weight. I am at my goal weight still of 145 pounds. I lost down to 138 when I was going through my divorce due to stress, but I am happy to be back at 145 because I was looking too skinny. I do not plan to gain more than 10 pounds because I am scared that once I get it on me, I will not be able to get it off because I could not before surgery. I am sure to weigh about every 3 days and if I notice an increase that stays for longer than a day I up my water and proteins. SAndy 295 starting weight height 5'7" 145 current weight and maintaining
missypayne
on 6/3/07 10:43 am - The Plains, OH
I am almost 4 years post op and have gained 65 pounds!!! My family doc is very unhappy but she has no idea - I feel like the biggest failure in the world. Why did I go through all this to get fat again? I am ADDICTED to food. Can someone help me please?
dustysmommy
on 6/4/07 12:00 am - Bridgeport, TX
My surgen said it was ok, and expected to gain back anywhere from 20 to 50 lbs. Have you seen you surgen? Family DR.'s don't always know everything about this type of surgery. Like I said I've gained back, but I still feel great, and I have been steady at my current weight for about a year now.
mdecaire1978
on 6/17/07 1:53 am - Riverview, FL
I think that for anyone to go through what we have been through in the past 4 yrs, that we should be expected to gain weight. WLS is not fit for life unless we starve right? You all did awesome and will continue. I have found the WORST part of WLS is the depression that is causes since we are expected by thos in society that know we have had WLS to be skinny for life! Yeah right...
tina0226
on 6/24/07 11:44 am - Greenwood, IN
I've gained between 10-15 pounds from my lowest. Which to be honest I only have myself to blame ... I eat things I know I shouldn't .... why I don't know. But I am trying to be better since my husband had surgery 04/17/2007 ...
Puglise
on 7/11/07 4:10 am - Waldorf, MD
I have gained back about 15 pounds. I find that I am also getting very flabby in my legs and my stomach is getting bigger. I am not big on exercise and I know that will help but it is nice to know that I am not alone with gaining some weight back after 4 years.
Gail L.
on 7/31/07 11:28 pm - Cleveland, OH
Hi Jennifer, I haven't been here in a long time either, since my 4 yr. anniversary is coming up I decided to come here to see if there was any support with folks in my situation. I never did reach my goal weight but was very pleased with what I lost (90 lbs.)and would have been content to stay there the rest of my life. However, I have gained back about 25 lbs. I'm not happy. Currently I'm able to eat most anything and have gone back to old habits. I feel out of control and so afraid I'm going to gain it all back. I just don't seem to be able to stay on program any more since I don't seem to have get full or dump. I'm so blessed to not have any medical complications but sometimes I feel like I never even had the surgery!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 888 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 773 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1023 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 793 views