Anniversary 4 Years (8/15/07)

DRoberts5331
on 7/10/07 11:25 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Hello Everyone, I am 37 and in my pre-op life weighed 330 lbs. I had the RNY 8/15/03 and now weigh +/- 165 (160 was my lowest weight) I have had the tummy tuck and breast lift in Nov 2006 and had to have an additional nipple lift in April 2006 to correct the symetry due to all the skin they removed. I have to have another breast lift (skin removal) 8/16/07. Does anyone have issues with their blood work (namely Iron/blood levels being low) I have to take a shot full of liquid vitamins everyday twice a day! Not to mention the lovely protein drinks that we all love to hate (40g per day) Two Tablespoons of Centrum Liquid (2x per day) Four Tablespoons of Iron liquid (3x per day) a normal person takes 2 tbls per day. Two doses of B complex (2x daily) and I still have problems getting light headed, dizzy and passing out on occasion! Also I have stomach aches but I think that is due to all the Iron and not being able to go to the restroom regularly. Does anyone else have these problems? I have friends that had the RNY and they NEVER even did protein or took vitamins and do not have the issues I have! I guess I just wanted to see if anyone else out there is having the same issues getting light headed, dizzy and passing out on occasion. What did you do to help that? :-S Sincerely, Debra Roberts
Puglise
on 7/11/07 4:07 am - Waldorf, MD
Hello, I am also 4 years out this August. I did have a bad problem with iron. I had to have iron infusions 2x a week for 2 months. I am taking my iron supplements and I am much better now but was very sick for a while before I knew what was wrong. I also take a daily vitamin. I do get dizzy and feel like I am going to pass out some times. I always associated it with my sugar being low. I am just guessing on that or can I say it is the only excuse I can come up with. I have not had this checked out yet. I guess just being lazy. I am not great on the protein thing and I am trying to get more in now. I do still get very sick when I eat sugary items and I will sometimes get a stomach ache if I take my iron on an empty stomach.
tina0226
on 7/15/07 10:53 am - Greenwood, IN
I have had low iron since before my sugery mainly because I am not a big red meat eater. I use to take 3 iron pills daily ... and never gave me good results. I now take Repliva (prescription pills). It is suppose to have the highest absorbtion rate and has given me normal results for the first time since I can remember. I still take calcium and multi vitamin ... and 1x per month I do a B12 shot. My bone density test came back with signs of Osteoprosis (however you spell that). But I think everything else is ok. I moved to Indiana almost 3 years ago and haven't seen a gastric bypass doctor except when I had my bowel obstruction ... I need to find one, just lazy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 880 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 766 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1018 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 789 views