Anyone else have August 7th as their date?

Lisa N.
on 7/11/03 12:57 pm - Williston Park, NY
Hi, My name is Lisa and I live in NY. My date for surgery is August 7th. I was wondering if anyone had the same date as me?
c C.
on 7/11/03 11:35 pm - FR, VA
I do! I do! I just got the date last Tues. Finally! I called for an appointment last October and waited a long time, but it's finally here. I am excited! What are you doing between now and then to get ready? My doctor told me to start walking at least 15 mins per day and try to lose 10-15 lbs before surgery. I am diabetic and have high blood pressure...this would help mitigate any risks during surgery. So, I am starting today! I am cleaning up my treadmill and recumbent bike...setting up my exercise area, including a small TV and VCR. I am throwing out all the foods that I won't need anymore. I am going to stock up on healthy things to eat. I am starting a quilt of my WLS journey, including the "before" picture I just emailed to OH.com. I am also going to try to spend more time on this website, so I can establish a support system.
Suzzanne D.
on 7/14/03 12:52 am - Strongsville, OH
Lisa, I may be having my surgery on the 6th of August. I should find out for sure this week. It's coming up quickly! It is a good idea to purge your house of foods you cannot eat or should not eat again. Stock up on those things you can have after surgery. Get some sugar free jello and popsicles, low sodium broth, sugar free, fat free yogurt and any protein supplements you like. Do you have your chewable vitamins yet? What about calcium supplements? If you are able to exercise, do it. I unfortunately, cannot. Both my knees need replacing plus I have a herniated disc in my lower back that hurts down my legs all the time and disc disease in my neck that gives me chronic pain. I would get into my pool but its too cold and it hurts all my arthritis! Good luck and God bless. Suzza
Stephanie H.
on 7/14/03 7:02 am - Brooklyn, NY
I do! I am so scared and excited at the same time. I live in New York also. I have waited one whole year since I called my surgeon for an appointment. I got approved about 3 weeks ago, but the time is approching. I wish you the best of luck.Email me if you want to chat. Stephanie
Shawn R.
on 7/15/03 2:46 pm - Lansing, MI
Me too!!! I wi**** were tomorrow. I am VERY excited, nervous, anxious, etc.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 888 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 773 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1024 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 793 views