Having second thoughts again!

nancy G.
on 7/12/03 10:09 am - Crawfordsville, IN
HI all, Well my surgery is 33 days away and it has become so huge!!!! I cant think about it without getting sick to my stomach! Everyone else seems so upbeat and positive and here I am feeling like I'll never be able to do this. Maybe tommorow will be a better day. I have met several people on this site but haven't heard from anyone today. Anyone out there with some encouraging words? I sure could use them. I'd love to hear from some post-op people too. [email protected]
Sandra L.
on 7/12/03 10:16 am - Nashville, tn
Nancy I have two friends that have gone through the surgery already both have done a remarkable job. My date is August 12th every time I get a little nervous I just think about this time next year. How great I will feel and how much better I will look. It will be so great to not have the handicap of being the fat one... Spend the next 33 days saying good bye to all those foods that got you fat! Smile!....... Sandra Lumpkin
Suzzanne D.
on 7/14/03 1:01 am - Strongsville, OH
Nancy, what do you mean by "again". Have you cancelled your surgery before? What are you afraid of? Maybe if you just told us your fears we could help. I was scheduled for surgery May 8th. I was very much at peace with my decision but could not shake the feeling that something was going to go wrong. But I put myself into God's hands and went into the operating room knowing I was where I was supposed to be. I woke up in the recovery room and I KNEW that all was not well. It was discovered when they opened me up that I had a tumor in my colon that was infected and rupturing at that very moment. They removed the growth with 1/3rd of my colon. I was in the hospital for 5 days, most of them without anything to eat or drink. I was told that the tumor was negative for malignancy but if I hadn't gone in when I did I would have had an overwhelming infection that perhaps I would not have survived. I plan to go back for surgery in August and feel very much at peace about it. I look forward to a longer and healthier life after surgery. God leads us and we must follow. If you are at peace with your decision to have this done then just let go and put yourself into God's hands. There is no safer place to be. If you are not at peace with your decision you may want to talk to a professional counselor about it. I am not sure if this helps you at all but don't go into surgery if you are unsure about this. If its just fear then know that fear is normal when facing surgery but have faith that all will be as it should be. God Bless Suzza
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 887 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 772 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1023 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 793 views