One Year Out...

Maggie P.
on 8/15/04 11:57 pm - Decatur, GA
My anniversary was this past weekend, 8/14. Thanks to all on this site who posted the information that was so helpful to me in making my decision to move ahead with WLS. Now it seems like a "no brainer", but back then all the unknowns made it a much more difficult decision to make (I'm sure y'all know what I mean At 298 pounds (5' 5" tall) I was on my way to a shorter-than-average lifestyle, and I was finding it more and more difficult to enjoy my favorite things, especially travel. Now I'm down 125 pounds and wearing a size 10...and happy to find that I usually have to tighten up the seat belt when I'm flying. The biggest change is that it turns out I like exercise...who knew? I do Curves 4-5x each week, treadmill at home, and head out on the bicycle for a good trip 1-2x each week. The cycling is a major step forward since I have Meniere's Syndrome, a balance disorder, and have frequent vertigo attacks. Staying on a bike is a challenge, but now when I do fall the damage is much less The other surprise of "one year" is that I sometimes (rarely thank goodness) find that I forget about the surgery when eating....and get surprised when I feel full so quickly, LOL. But I'm trying to stay more conscious, I don't think this is really a good sign. In closing, I'll also mention that I had a complication (bowel obstruction) that required major surgery 5 weeks after my lap RNY...and even with that I'd do the whole thing again! Maggie
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 888 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 773 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1024 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 793 views