Where are you?!

champagne3456
on 4/5/05 5:53 am - Lincoln, RI
Where is everyone? I feel like I lost my support buddies here. I have been going through a rough time, feeling down on myself because I have been a stable weight for over 4 months and still have 15 more pounds to lose (5"3, 146, wanting to get to 130). I find myself reverting to old behaviors and it scares the **** out of me. Plus, my husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I really wanted to lose the 15 lbs before that happened to minimize the weight gain. That in itself has been an emotional rollar coaster. I need you guys!
Hilda R.
on 4/10/05 1:53 am - Bucoda, WA
Hi Cindy, Wow! you've just decribed me.... I too have stablized with about 20#s to go before I can even look into PS. And this has been going on for at least 6 months. I have been trying all the suggestions, up my exercise, drink tons of water, watch my eating habits, even lately have been taking Cortislim diet pills, and nothing... Also, it is true, all those old habits are creaping back. I haven't posted lately because I guess I feel like a failure. Although I know that is when I need help the most. I also use to update my profile regularly, but haven't felt like putting any of this down. I try to tell myself to be grateful for the 138# loss, I am off most of my meds, I do feel beter about myself, most of the time, my relationship with my husband of 25 yrs. (this June) has never been beter, and yet, I continue to be in this huge Pitty Party state of mind. Good luck to you, and if you'd like to contact me, we could mabe work through this together. Hilda
jersey girl
on 4/17/05 8:19 am - MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ
I don't get on too often these days, but email me anytime. If you check my earlier posts and profile, you will see that I battled plateau after plateau. Just keep with the program of protein, water, and exercise and you'll get there. We all need each other! JG 284/132 below goal
mle
on 4/29/05 10:01 am - Castaic, CA
I'm right there with you. Stabilized at 17# above goal, old habits creeping in. But i went ahead and had a facelift and its really doing wonders for my state of mind...
Jeralynn B.
on 5/2/05 6:55 am - Westminster, CA
Hello, Breathe, relax and enjoy your journey. Go to library and get Carnie Wilsons book (wilson/phillips) It will make it all worth while, enjoy the journey eh.....Jeralynn
Emily S.
on 6/5/05 1:01 pm - New York, NY
hi.. I had mine aug 2003 also.. I'm losing slowly and really didn't have a goal wt. .. I don't want to look like a shriveled up old lady. i'm 66 now... when I think I look good it's OK with me.. but I'd just like to mention that I had my surgery at lenox hill in nyc and the dr's hold the support group meetings. Dr. Roslin mentioned that your body will find it's own point and that is where you will stop losing and statistics show that after that it is statistically proven that 10 to 15 pounds will come back.No one likes to hear it but he emphasizes that it is a fact proven by the statistics. Now, that's for the Roue in Y gastric bypass. There are usually about 100 people at these sessions and always a doctor holds them and answer all questions. If you're in nyc Ihighly recommend going.. It may not be pleasant to hear but we've been beating ourselves up for years about some wt. someone put on a chart.. maybe it's just not healthy to get thinner than you are... but good luck.. and if you really need to do it I will be rooting for you.. good luck again..
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 887 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 772 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1023 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 793 views