Met my goal!

Steph Elaine
on 8/22/05 10:18 pm - Danville, KY
Exactly 2 years and 1 day out from surgery I met my goal! I lost 144 pounds and weight 165, the perfect weight for my height! I didn't really expect to get that far when I started this journey, so I'm absolutely thrilled with it. I attribute my determination to get there to my support group and all the friends I've made throughout my journey. Without them I could not have kept sight of my goal and continued to work toward it. I had my 2 year check up blood work on my anniversary date. All my bloodwork except Iron came back just fine. I have to take extra Iron supplements. Still, my quality of life is so much better than it was before.
Julie B.
on 8/31/05 6:20 am - Bear Creek, NC
Congratulations! Good job! You look beautiful. I'm now encouraged to keep trying ... I'm 13 months out, 3lbs from where my surgeon said I'd 'end up' but I really would like to have a BMI in the 'Normal' range which means 33 more lbs!
Citygerl
on 9/4/05 10:47 am - New York, NY
Congratulations! That's great news. You should be very proud so few of us actually make goal. I still have 20lbs. to go but, am stepping up my workouts so I hope to make it by Christmas. Congrats again! I am SOOO happy for you!! B
debbiew69
on 9/7/05 7:00 pm - wonder lake, IL
wtg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im very happy that you met your goal that is awsome you look great and i bet you feel wonderful too. i still have not reached my goal and battle with gaining 5 pounds losing 5 pounds its very aggervating. i wish i could meet my goal of 170-175 but it doesnt look like its going to happen anytime soon i would love to find something to jump start this platue im in right now and start losing again any ideas???? i tried going back to the basics from early post op but it didnt work
Steph Elaine
on 9/7/05 10:23 pm - Danville, KY
When I was obese I would get a tiny bit angry when I heard a skinny girl say they were upset at not losing those last 10 pounds or so. Now, I can totally relate. It's not the pounds, it's getting to your goal that makes the difference. At the OH.com regional conference in Cincinnati a few weeks ago one of the speakers mentioned taking herbal supplements called DHEA or L-Carnitine to increase metabolism and jump start weight loss. The L-Carnitine is a huge pill that can't be cut so if you get it, be careful. The DHEA caused a side effect in me that I hadn't considered - constant arousal. Once I pinpointed it as the problem I had to stop taking it. You can research both on webMD and decide which one, if any, would be better for you. Another thing that worked for me was just drinking tea or water constantly. I get in a gallon a day on average of liquids. I know this because I take a 64 ounce jug full to work each day and have to re-fill it before I go home for the day. Then I work on drinking all of it by the time I go to sleep. Yes, I go to the bathroom a lot, but it really works. God luck! You'll bet there before you know it. Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 880 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 766 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1018 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 789 views