3 YEARS OUT AND NEED HELP!!

TRACIE T.
on 7/15/07 4:44 pm - PORTLAND, OR
So here is my story. I had gastric bypass at Kaiser Aug. 04' Everything was going great! At my first post-op I was down 20 pounds. I hired a personal trainer and by the time I was 6 months out I was down about 60 pounds. Then.... I found out that I was pregnant. Yes that's right, the pill failed me. Not only was I pregnant but I was almost 5 months pregnant. Fear set in, what had my eatting habit's done to this baby, loosing so much weight so soon? Not eatting enough? Well, thank god my son is healthy happy and almost 3. But... once I found out I was pregnant they told me to eat as much as I could and to not work out that much, they didn't want me to loose anymore weight. So after my son was born I was only down about 75 pounds with at least 70 more to go. As of today, it's like I didn't even have the surgery. I gain wait, easy. I'm up 30 pounds from the lowest I was at after surgery and I fear that I'm going to gain it all back!! I have a 3 year old now and getting to the gym is almost impossible. I'm tired bec. I work all day and also have a 3 year old. Did I mention that I'm hungry all the time? I try to eat small meals but they only stick with me for about 30 min's and then I'm hungrey again. Dumping syndrome hasn't happned in over 2 years. Is there anyone out there like me. Gaining weight back and freaking out, not knowing what to do? I know I need to eat less, or more protein but if it were that simple I wouldn't have been over weight to begin with. Do you live in Portland and want to support each other? I could use all the support I can get!! Please someone help me, I want to loose another 75 pounds!
Debra F.
on 7/20/07 6:34 am - Houston, TX
hello... i havent been to the aug. board in a long time... but i would go back to your weight loss surgeon and ask him to check you out.... of course i havent been pregnant in over 18 years...but i did have a revision done from vbg in 98 to rny in 04 and have maintained my weight.. i would talk to your surgeon...
Linda Ton
on 8/8/07 9:41 am - Pontiac, MI
You need to get back to basics. Get all the junk out of the house and don't buy anymore. De-carb your body for a week and it'll be a lot easier for you. It is not impossible to still lose at three years out, i can do it and so can you. If you want an accountability buddy pm me, i'll support you. I know it's hard when you have a baby and work full time, but it's only an excuse and you need to take charge! Linda
digitalcat
on 9/10/07 11:09 pm - goldsboro, NC
im having the same problem the oly thing is i feel hungry all the time and get the shakes if i dont eat and i cannot understand how i can be hungry since i had something an hour ago can you explain this what do i do to de carb any suggestions
Linda Ton
on 9/13/07 4:41 am - Pontiac, MI
Don't get me wrong, i eat carbs. What i do is i eat my protein first, fruits and veggies next, then the fat or bad carbs last. I eat five small meals a day. If i snack it's fruit , nuts , jerky, or sf pudding or sf popsicles. If i crave something i'll have a bite or two and thats it. If i don't stick to eating like this i am hungry all the time. It's a big effort to make, but if you stay determined you can do it. Also, i drink protein every morning as soon as i wake up and i drink 100 ounces of water a day. Linda
Slender_once_again
on 12/6/07 6:29 am - portsmouth, VA
.............." Don't get me wrong, i eat carbs. What i do is i eat my protein first, fruits and veggies next, then the fat or bad carbs last. I eat five small meals a day. If i snack it's fruit , nuts , jerky, or sf pudding or sf popsicles. If i crave something i'll have a bite or two and thats it. If i don't stick to eating like this i am hungry all the time. It's a big effort to make, but if you stay determined you can do it. Also, i drink protein every morning as soon as i wake up and i drink 100 ounces of water a day. Linda ".... Same here, sometimes it feels like I am eating all the time. Those days are when I am not eating enough PROTIEN. Gessss I guess my MD was right cause since I have added more protien I feel lesss of a craving for the carbs. I do get the dumping usually the following day. I also still measure out the foods to proper portion and I also use a program called WWW.FITDAY.COM and keep track of just what I am eating. Many days I am happily surprised to see that I really have not eaten a lot..it just seems that way. Oh I still use a smaller plate.. I know it seems silly but if the plate looks full you will not feel so deprived. I have also beengaing weight but mostly due to some new meds I have to be on! Hopefully as my body becomes adjusted to these meds I will loos some of this NEW weight.... At leasttaht is what I am told !
almat29
on 8/13/07 5:17 am - Lakefield, MN
First of all you were very very lucky that your pregnancy and baby were ok. I also had my WLS in Aug of 04. i did however went from 280 to 145. i had 5 kids at the time and got pregnent 2 yrs after my wls. i just gave birth 7 weeks ago. thru my pregnancy my dr said eat as much as you can bla bla bla. well i dont eat much at one time. but i am HUNGRY ALL the time. i just snack alot on fruites and crackers jello. stuff like that. at the end of my pregnancy 2 days b4 my daughter was born i weight in at 180lbs i gained 35 lbs. now 7 weeks later i weight 157. dumping is something that i always get is i eat food high in fat-oil-sugar. so i avoid it as much as possible. I thank god everyday that all went well. i wish you the best ever. i kow how hard it is to ALWAYS be hungry. Alma
Most Active