HI EVERYONE

girly_girl
on 10/30/07 12:48 am - McChord AFB, WA
Ok so I have only posted on this board maybe twice - not very often, because it's not so active. But now I have a question for all of you. Has anyone had their reconstructive surgery done? I go for my TT consult next week and was just wondering if anyone had done it. If so share your story! Thanks. If you don't feel comfortable then please PM me. Hope everyone is healthy and well.
Norma_ENVY
on 7/3/09 7:55 am - Montebello, CA
I had my WLS 2004, TT in March 2007. I had to go under again in Oct2007 to revise my TT and bellybutton revision. I had a bit of excess skin in my tummy, and just was too conscious about it. I was trying to get it approved by insurance, but it really was impossible. I eventuallly just forked over the money (well, actually, I just got a medical credit account...it's like a credit account, but only for medical procedures), and just pay off an amt each month like a credit card. I'm glad I did get it since I'm less conscious of the overlapping tummy skin and just feel tighter, fitter, and nicer. One thing to REALLY consider is the scar. Although I'm glad I had the surgery, and i did have some complication with it (my bellybutton would not stay open, and had to go for a revision after to reopen it), the scar is pretty big and visible. With time it gets less visible, but it's still very evident that I had a 'little something something' done :) Regardless, I don't particularly mind it as much, and have learned to accept it, but do get conscious from time to time. I had a baby in 2008 (unplanned ofcourse, since i had JUST had a TT the year before), and my pregnancy went extremely smoothly and the TT held just fine after the baby.

Norma_ENVY
on 7/3/09 8:01 am - Montebello, CA
FYI: the TT scar goes across your entire front pelvis region, right below your panty line, right where your pubic region starts. Like I mentioned, the scar does get smoother, and less noticeable with time, but you can still see it and know it's there. Depending on what type of panties or pants you wear, you just have to be conscious of it not going too low, or else can see it from the sides. I don't mean to say DON'T get it because of the scar, but it's definitely something to remember and to consider since it's something I had to get used to after the whole procedure. I knew of the scar, but it's a CON to weigh when thinking about TT. Also, keep in mind the complications. I had some fluid retention after my surgery, and had bad bloating because of it, as well as the bellybutton sealing up. My surgeon had to go back after the original wound had healed in order to reopen the b-button and revise the original wound. It wasn't a bad recovery, just can be tiring. Would I do it over again? hmmm.....yeah, I think so.
Most Active