weight gain two

digitalcat
on 4/4/08 5:46 am - goldsboro, NC
I noticed on a recent post that alot of people that has had the surgery about 3 to 4 years ago are gaining 20 30 pounds im one of those people that has gained around 20 , now if we have learned anything we should have learned this, lets catch the weight now at 20 or 30 pounds this should be alot easier to take off , if we wait to have gained 50 75 100 its going to be a struggle but what can we do how do i go back to the basic ???? has anyone done this and was able to get back in control???? I really dont want to go back being heavvy ...can someone suggest something????
Dawn T.
on 4/7/08 11:02 pm - Kokomo, IN
I regained too........50 pounds. I saw my dietician and this is the plan she set up for me: I had to go back to measuring my food in the one ounce medicine cups again. No more caffene. Journaling everything I eat and drink. No drinking with my meals or for 30 minutes afterward. Started back with all my vitamins and supplements. Exercise.....30 minutes a day for at least 3 days a week. Will get up to 5 days a week. Drink 80 ounces of fluids a day. She has me on a diet of 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks a day. The meals are 8 ounces......4 ounces of protein with each. 4 ounces of fruit, veggies and starch......one with each meal. The snacks are 2 to 3 ounces. Fruits or veggies. I can't eat 8 ounces at one sitting so they had me break up my meals and eat 4 ounces at a time. My new vitamin regimen: B1 once a week B12 once a week Biotin daily 3 Centrum A to Zinc daily 7 Citracal Petites daily I'm also doing a protein supplement in the morning. 16 ounces of 1% milk, 2 envelopes of Carnation Instant Breakfast No Sugar Added and one scoop of unflavored Unjury. I'm doing great with the eating right part. I'm still too lax with the exercise but I'm working on it. I started doing this on February 4. To date I've lost 28 pounds. So yes..........it can be done. Good luck with your reloss.
digitalcat
on 4/8/08 7:00 am - goldsboro, NC
wow that is absolutly great im so excited maybe we can talk for support I sure can use it.....tell me the instant breakfast is it the regular ones or special ones to buy sugar free?
Dawn T.
on 4/8/08 8:24 am - Kokomo, IN
The Carnation Instant Breakfast is the No Sugar Added variety. Comes in a blue box. I've found the chocolate at WalMart. Meijer has the chocolate, the vanilla flavor and a variety pack that has chocolate, vanilla and strawberry flavors. We can chat anytime you want. I'll add you to my friends.
digitalcat
on 4/8/08 10:46 am - goldsboro, NC
thanks ill add you to mines as well ...im gonna go buy the stuff tonight so i can get moving .......I opened my own home daycare and its crazy im in the kitchen all the time and I know im not hungry everytime..........lol the thing i learned is to get control now before the surgery and when i gained weight and got into the 300 I didnt see i needed to get control before it got out of hand .....now i can see that if i do not i will lose it ......... Pat
Janiebhull
on 7/29/08 5:03 pm - Lawton, OK
Hi I just came back for a visit and to update my profile, Are you doing okay? Did you get back on the wagon? I have gained 20 lbs back too. I am trying Weigh****chers again just for the support. janie
Kimberly M.
on 8/3/08 3:29 pm - Ontario, CA
I have gain weight also, around 40lbs. I feel like I have failed at this. I was thinking of going to Weigh****chers also, but I wasn't sure if that would work for WLS patients. I could just go for the support, because I really need the support more than anything. I need get back on track.
DrummersWife
on 3/4/09 5:20 am - Elk Grove, CA
Hello!
I just ran across your post. I was wondering howgoing back the basics diet plan worked for you? Were you able to lose all 50 pounds? I had the surgery the same day you did, and have now gained back probably 100 of the 154 pounds I originally lost.
Thanks!
Norma_ENVY
on 7/3/09 7:48 am - Montebello, CA
I totally relate to your posting. I'm up 30lbs, and I'm putting myself on CHECK! I had a baby, and he's now 1yr old, and I'm +25-30lbs. I attributed it to the mommyhood weight, but that's just an excuse. After the baby, I stopped taking my vitamins, stopped checking my portions, and just eat whatever I crave. I still eat moderately, but my choices have been a bit too relaxed. Again, I attribute it to the mommy mentality of being too busy, or this or that, but no more excuses! I'd rather get my act together NOW that I'm at 20-30lbs, and not when it's 50, 70...By then, I would have failed myself and would be extremely disappointed with myself and my choices. I started going to the gym today, and started back up on the protein shake morning breakfast. I know I need to do more, but feel that I'm motivated enough to stick to it. Best of luck with everyone, and let's GET BACK ON TRACK so we can look and feel AWESOME for/by our 5th yr anniversary! 

xoxo
-Norma

Most Active