4 Year Anniversary!!

PattyMM
on 8/5/08 1:43 am - FL
Just wanted to thank everybody who has supported and loved me through the past four years. I must admit the first year was not easy. However I would do it again in a heartbeat. I started at 221lbs, and have pretty much leveled off at 130. I allow myself a margin between 129 - 134. It just seems to fit for my frame. I am 5'3". I am still at awe everytime I go shopping for new clothes. I still feel "heavy" and can't believe when I slip on a size 4 pant and they fit (comfortably!). I can't seem to embrace my new size and am dumb founded when people call me tiny or puny. I'm not saying I don't love it, I just have to look around to see who they are talking about. Anyway, I try to stay on track with my diet. I have an Unjury protein shake every single morning, and I believe that is one of the best things I do for myself. I am not a fanatic about journaling or tracking my food. However, after 4 years, I pretty much know when I need to "watch it". I usually "graze" throughout the day. I keep a supply of peanutbutter filled pretzels, dark chocolate/almond Hershey Nuggets, lowfat cheeze sticks and Triscuits on hand at all times. It still amazes me at how little it takes to feel full. Stopping when I feel full is essential to maintaining my weight. But eating a little bit every few hours keeps me satisfied and I can still enjoy regular meal times. I wish everyone who has embarked on this weight loss journey all the best, and to remember what a wonderful source of encouragement, support and information this website is. It has been a tremendous tool for me in many ways and am very happy to have it literally at my fingertips. THANK YOU ALL!! P. Mullen
Patty A.
on 8/11/08 4:41 am - Romulus, MI
Congratulations and I know what youare saying because I will be four years out on the 23rd! I do almost everything the same that you do. I was 297lbs and I now weigh 162. I had plastic surgery in March and they removed 9lbs of skins. Just wanted to let you know someone else has seen and read your post . Patty Alley
Blazade
on 9/19/08 6:21 am - Onalaska, WI
Congratulations, I posted on my anneversary (1 day before yours) and no one at all cangratulated me.  The newbies think all the hard work is done after you reach goal, they don't understand that it is a struggle for the rest of our lives.

WAY TO GO on your continued success.

Robert
PattyMM
on 10/9/08 11:32 pm - FL
Robert,

Congratulations!  Sorry I didn't post a response sooner.  I hardly ever get a change to get on line anymore.  I am so happy for your success.  It is also nice to know someone understands the daily struggles and devotion required to stay successful.   I would really be interested in how you are doing and if you have had any challenges.

Would love to hear from you, if you care to respond.   Hope you have a great day!

Patty M.
Blazade
on 10/10/08 12:16 am - Onalaska, WI
I have many struggles.  Balancing protien, fiber and carbs to keep things moving along is very difficult.  I have been having a problem building and just keeping muscle.  I was at the NUT this week and we finally determined that I was not getting enough Carbs and my body had been burning muscle instead.  I had been protien loading thinking that would help, but was just the opposite.  Don't get me wrong, its great being thin and healthier, but it will be a lifetime of work to stay fit.

I hope you are well, what works or doesn't work for you?

Robert

Robert

Slimagain
on 10/14/08 5:37 am
Wow. This forum is great!  I did not know it existed until recently, and I am so glad I found it.  It has been four years this last August since I had Gastric Bypass surgery.  I lost 126 pounds and have kept it off except for 15 pounds that I gained at the beginning of the year because I was no****ching what I ate, and I had fallen off the wagon with my excersise.  My doctor told me this might happen, so I started being more vigilant with what I ate by starting on the South Beach Diet, which is pretty much the way we are supposed to eat after this type of surgery anyway.  Low carb, low sugar, high in protein, and small portions thrughout the day.  Also,  I began a weight training program that helped me loose eight of those pounds, plus added definition to my body.  I cannot believe it is me I am looking at when I stare in the mirror, and I was so happy to close my accounts at the plus size stores.  I realize that I will forever have to keep an eye on my weight, because I never want to get back to how I was before the surgery, which to me is by far the best thing I ever did.  I will always be grateful for the doctor who performed this surgery, and to my family and friends for their help and encouragement.   Now I find this forum full of people that are going through or have been through the same experiences.  Thanks so much, and hope I can help in some way, also.  
Most Active