Considering a revision ... I have failed my tool..

Susan Rainey-Harris
on 12/15/08 3:19 am - MD
Well since my surgery I went down to 219 and now back up to over 320 lbs probably more. I threw the scale out at 300 lbs. I have fallen into a bad habit of making myself throw up to rid myself of food when I feel stuffed. I can eat whatever I want, I don't feel hungry, I don't feel full. I can drink and eat at the same time, and occassional I do have dumping but not often enough. I along with my conscious bad habits.For several moonths I tried to watch what I ate and walked 3 miles 5 days a week religiously, nothing seemed to take the weight off. Then it has gotten cold here so I am not walking any longer. I am doing also what I call "sleep eating." This started about 2.5 years ago. I have woken up in the middle of the night and found that I had made something to eat and had no memory of it.  I have actually woken up with a sandwich in hand and not remembered getting it.  I don't know what to do or how to do it.  I currently don't have insurance so going to see what has caused my RNY falure isn't an option right now. I am getting married and my fiancee has Aetna HMO that sems to cover all WLS procedures. Pleasse no lames, I beat myself up daily enough as it is. Im just looking for support and maybe someone else who has or is going through the same thing.

In the deep abyss I call my life,
Susan
Chugarhodes
on 2/15/09 11:33 pm - Conway, SC
I have gained a considerable amount of weight back as well.  I started out at 286 got all the way down to 258 and am now back at 210.  I am frustrated with myself as well.  I have started and stopped going back to basics so many times now that it makes me sick.  Good luck with whatever path you take to make yourself healthy, my insurance no longer covers anything surgery related so a revision is not an option for me.  I have not given up yet, so don't you either.  We can beat this weight gain if we don't let it beat us.  You sort of sound like you have given up, don't.  Continue walking those three miles and cutting back, eventually you will see a difference and then you can come back and encourage the rest of us.

Take care and good luck
Saundra

Ms. Rhodes

Chugarhodes
on 2/15/09 11:34 pm - Conway, SC
I meant all the way down to 158 duh!!!!!

Ms. Rhodes

digitalcat
on 10/22/09 8:43 am - goldsboro, NC
i knew that lol lol
digitalcat
on 10/22/09 8:43 am - goldsboro, NC
I too have gained weight I started out at 320 went down to 155 now I am 190 I think i can catch myself I am not too out of reach but Im having trouble figuring out what to do I have done the pouch test but only lasted 2 days on it but I admit I felt better now i am bloated feeling all the time ...any suggestions?
digitalcat
on 12/29/09 9:44 pm - goldsboro, NC
I have gained 25 pounds so I need to get back to it and lose it before its too late ........ If you need someone to talk to give me a call its good to talk to someone im having he same problem......
Debra F.
on 3/9/11 3:19 am - Houston, TX
Hello sorry to hear this about gaining.... i had a revision back in 2004 and got to my lowest of 118 and have gone through a divorce of 25 yr marriage, lost my job, etc and right now I am at 147 i joined weigh****chers this week to really watch what i am eating and belive me tracking the meals i see where i have been able to put the weight back on its easy to grab something crunchy crackers etc or the chocolate the bite size (they add up) so this is my first week doing this and because the pouch still works i am satisfied with the meals and the fruits and vegies are free points so i can eat alot of those... up the protein which we are suppose to be doing anyway..... i know i have lost cause my clothes are fitting already... next week i will add in the exercise... which i hate doing but i know it helps so much....

good luck and try tracking your food...if the pouch is still good then it just needs a jump start.... this is a life journey... we didnt do this to our body to fail.... or go back to where we were....
Debra
227/205/135 at goal
1st Surgery/Revision/Today
8/98 - 8/04 - today
Support Group Leader 
Co- Founder www.rydobesity.com
RMaze
on 2/13/12 10:29 am - Mooresville, IN
What is a pouch test?  I've been at goal for several years, but was down with unrelated health issues for seven months and some estrogen packed on the lbs. all 2 months' time.  How can I gauge what my pouch capacity is?

Definately eating more processed foods laying on the sofa recovering, I can change that, no problem.  Back up and moving too.

What else can I do?  Do I need to go back to active bari loss phase or go with a low fat, high protein, veggie diet as in weightw****rs?

TIA for any info
digitalcat
on 11/7/12 9:51 am - goldsboro, NC

I too have gained I was 340 went down to 155 now im at 184 I am upset but hey I not giving up yet I have been watching what I eat and making sure I drink my water, I went back to curves Im not about to let this 30 35 ponds let me down yet ..... so I decided to come back and see what is cooking here . My motivation is life and Im not giving up yet .....I still have fight and I will try to lose this I have no insurance so I wont be having a revision I think I can handle getting rid of that little bit of weight

Tiffiny D.
on 4/14/10 6:00 am - Oceanside, CA
I had the bypass 8/2004 when I was at 268. When I leveled I was 165.5. In the last year for unexplained reasoning I have gone back up to 206. I did the barium upper GI test, pouch is normal, all types of blood work (normal) and have no idea why I am gaining. This is very depressing and so drastic that I am down on myself so much that I have brought it into my marriage. I went to see a surgeon for the stoma revision and that's out because my stoma is fine.  Plus the revision is more dramatic and severe the the original bypass surgery to only come out with a possible 20-25 pound weight loss.  HELP with any advice etc.. Im at my wits end for what to do... Oh I walk 7.5 miles a day and eat very small meals/snacks 5-6 times a day... protein I get maybe 25-50 grams... anyone else out there like this????
Most Active