Unexplained weight gain

Tiffiny D.
on 4/14/10 5:56 am - Oceanside, CA
Hi everyone... I had the bypass 8/2004 when I was at 268. When I leveled out I was 165.5. In the last year for unexplained reasoning I have gone back up to 206. I did the barium upper GI test, pouch is normal, all types of blood work (normal) and have no idea why I am gaining. This is very depressing and so drastic that I am down on myself so much that I have brought it into my marriage. Problems communicating, no sex (embarrassed) I need help. I went to see a surgeon for the stoma revision and that's out because my stoma is fine. Plus it is more severe than the RNY that I had...  HELP with any advice etc.. Im at my witts end for what to do... Oh I walk 7.5 miles a day and eat very small meals/snacks 5-6 times a day... protein I get maybe 25-50 grams... anyone else out there like this????
NL
on 5/18/10 8:43 am - IL
I am gaining all of a sudden too. I exercise every single day. Walk for a full hour and walk fast.  I got down to 152 at my lowest and now I am up to 167. And the scale just keeps crawling upwards. I am not eating any differently than before. I think our bodies are used to everything and as we age our mentabolism starts to shut down.  I am 6 years post op. I am sooo depressed. I don't want to gain another ounce. I think I am going to really cut out all carbohydrates and see what happens. Just eat protein, fruit and veggies and no lunch meats either like turkey breast. It will be so strict that I have to get these pounds off. As soon as school ends and I have the summer off I am going to just cook chicken on the grill and eat that for lunches too. It better work.
lisaf324
on 8/15/10 7:27 am - Pittsfield, MA
My story is like yours got down to150 but this year it has creeped up to 165 no matter what I do I can't seem to lose a pound ugh!!!!!
Most Active