Recovering from Tummy Tuck Surgery

cush
on 1/20/08 2:08 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi ladies, It's been 11 days since my tummy tuck surgery. I'm alittle sore but I'm taking 1 pain pill a day. My doc said he took 5 pounds of fat and skin off my stomach. I wish I could draw a diagram of the surgery but I don't know how to do it on my computer. He had to make me a new naval and I have 2 drainage tubes, 1 in each hip. My stomach is flat but I'm still alittle swollen in the hips. I weighed yesterday and my scale said 185. The morning of surgery I weighed 187 on my scale. What I want is to look nice in my clothes. And not to have fat hanging over my waist band. I have a doctors appointment for this tuesday the Jan. 22 and maybe he will take 1 of the tubes out. Because the left hip isn't draining much anymore. Well I guess that's all I have to tell you for now. Take care to next time! Carolyn
Dawn B.
on 1/23/08 11:38 pm - Anderson, CA
Hi Carolyn, I'm glad you're doing well! There's a great chance they pumped you with fluids so have some extra water and I'm sure the doctor told you it could take up to 6 months for swelling to completely go down and the skin to do what's it's going to do. I hope the drainage tube came out and that you continue to heal smoothly & quickly! Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics