Gallbladder

Dawn B.
on 2/10/08 5:42 pm - Anderson, CA
Hi All, Well, after having an abdominal attack every 6 months or so whether I needed it or not starting 3 weeks post-op I've finally got proof that it's my gallbladder. It took a gallbladder function test to discover it's basically shot, so it's coming out March 20th. Dawn
GinaPell
on 2/10/08 10:45 pm - Richmond, VA
Wow, that's a long time to wait for the procedure. I had mine out several years before my gastric surgery (had a hysterectomy and six months later had the gall bladder stone problem). Atleast you'll have that out of the way. Good luck to you! gina
Dawn B.
on 2/11/08 12:58 am - Anderson, CA
It took so long because they kept ordering ultra sounds which kept coming back negative for stones. I don't have them - or if I do they're very small and/or are in the exit tube only. The function test showed that in the given time my gallbladder only dumped 21% of the dye instead of the minimum of 50%. Luckily I'm not in continous pain - though I suppose that would have had doctor's attention quicker. Dawn
miknikmom
on 2/24/08 10:47 am - Lake Forest, CA
Hi Dawn, They took mine out last year. It is a pretty easy surgery. Good luck. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics