Surgery went fine...

Dawn B.
on 3/22/08 2:23 pm - Anderson, CA
In case any of you are at least checking in but not posting - my surgery went great. The gallbladder had some scarring at the neck and was thicker than normal so it was a good call I guess to yank it. I felt great the day of - probably did too much because of that. Yesterday felt just not good, and today, after 10 hours of sleep, felt a lot more normal. Energy levels are very finite though. Lunch and two store stops brought on a need for an hour and a half nap. . Dawn
GinaPell
on 3/22/08 11:03 pm - Richmond, VA
Yeay! I bet you're glad NO MORE ATTACKS! They're awful. Glad to hear you're on the mend. gina
Michele T.
on 3/26/08 12:49 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Dawn! Like most people, I forget to check our 8/05 board! I usually hand out on the grad board. Sorry I didn't know about your surgery beforehand, but I'm so glad to hear it went well. Be warned though, you have to stay near a bathroom until you learn what fat you can tolerate. My Mom (who didn't have WLS) couldn't handle cottage cheese, with me it's butter. In some ways this works well for me. I usually add a little butter to my oatmeal, it keeps the constipation away! Hope your energy level returns quickly! Michele
Dawn B.
on 3/26/08 1:39 pm - Anderson, CA
I so know using that idea - for me pre-gallbladder - it was rich dairy used at appropriate times. I'm not expecting too many issues post-gallbladder because my system wasn't getting the burst of bile it was supposed to anyway. Mine was removed due to it not functioning instead of due to stones. So far the only food I'm not tolerating for the last 2 days has been my decaf/nonfat mochas. Stomach is back to acting like it used to pre-bariatric - gets all crampy/gassy. Gotta love the intestinal tract don't ya? Thanks for the good will!! Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics