Long time no see!

auntlorlee
on 5/25/10 1:39 am - Bellingham, WA
Wow, it's been so long since I came in here.  I don't even know if anyone ever visits anymore.  From the looks of the postings, I think they don't.

I have to do something.  I need to come in and get some major support.  I have gained so much weight back I am embarrassed to even say.  I stopped exercising 2 years ago because of a neck injury.  I eat things I shouldn't.  I don't take my vitamins, except for Vit D3 because my levels were dangerously low. 

I am curious how everyone else is doing these days....almost 5 years out!  I'm so sad that I let myself get to where I am at.  I feel lost and get no support from my family.  They just keep basically saying "told you so" about having the surgery.  My mom had DS surgery and looks great.  She hasn't gained a bit of weight back.  But, she has the poops all the time so that helps her to not gain weight.  I would take pooping all the time to gaining weight like I have. 

I am back into size 14 jeans and it disgusts me.  I was in a size 6 for 3 years.  I pick up my size 6 jeans and want to cry. 

I guess I'm hoping we can generate new life to this board and start supporting each other again.  I know it helped me to stay on track. 

Hope you all are doing better than I am and I really hope to hear from some of you again!

Take care,
Lori
misstboop
on 6/5/12 1:37 pm - Inkster, MI

Lori its been so long since ive been here. Im doing great need to know how you are doing.

Dawn B.
on 8/4/10 10:39 am - Anderson, CA
Hey Lori,

So, did you find any support at the Graduate Board? I haven't been on the site since last year's anny. It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years since we all started this journey.

I wonder how all of us regulars are doing such as you. I'm doing great. I had to let myself go from my goal of 135 up to 140-145 as my body DID NOT like it in the 130s. I've been able to maintain that range for the last 3 years, of which I'm not sure how as I am not a poster child for post-op life. I think the key is I have a balance  now that I didn't have then. That and I don't let myself get more than 145 lbs without freaking and trying to be good until it comes down again.

Tell your family to back off - and be supportive or shut up. Get back on the wagon and take it one day at a time. You did so great and you still have a great tool. Feel free to email me directly if you need/want to yak. [email protected]

Dawn   5'7" 258/142
'What's important is not necessarily where you are, but in what direction you are going.' Oliver Wendel Holmes

Most Active
Recent Topics