Recent Posts

Sue C
on 8/2/13 3:04 am - Fargo, ND
Topic: RE: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Thanks so much but now it will be 8 years!  need to lose 10 but all is still good,

thanks again.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Bridgetkaryn
on 8/2/13 12:55 am - Aldie, VA
Topic: RE: Happy Anniversary to all of August 2005 family.

Good to hear from you cush32! Hard to believe it has been 8 years! I have recently started following the Paleo style of eating... It's high protein, no grain/dairy/bean... LOTS of veggies and limited fruits... There is a great site called the "Whole 30" it is a great start... I figured out that grains were really preventing me from losing weight... Turns out, I have a sensitivity to wheat and corn... I feel AMAZING! I won't lie, the first 3 weeks, completely sucked... I missed sugar, processed foods and grains like CRAZY! I wouldn't go back though at this point... My energy is through the roof and some of the digestive issues I had post WLS are gone...

Take Care!!

Bridget

Bridgetkaryn
on 8/2/13 12:48 am - Aldie, VA
Topic: Happy Anniversary August 2005 WLS kids!

Happy Anniversary month everyone!

It is hard to believe that it has been 8 years since our surgeries!! Hard to believe! When I had the surgery I was 23, single living in Chicago... 8 years later: I live in DC, I finished a graduate from Johns Hopkins, I have 2 kids (ages 3.5 and 2 years), I am married and I finished (barely!) my first 1/2 Marathon this spring! LIfe is so different and I love every second of it!

I have been pretty successful at keeping off my weight since the surgery especially after having 2 kids, only 17 months apart! I started at 297, my lowest weight was 165, though I stayed more in the 172 weight for a few years... That's where my body was comfortable...  After both kids I was stuck at 190 for Months/Years (my daughter will be 2 in just a few days!) But, I am happy to report that after really watching what I eat and working out I am down to 181.6 and losing!

I don't know if it is because I am older, busier or the surgery but it just seems like losing weight is harder now than before surgery...

I would love to hear how you are all doing after your surgeries and how your lives have changed!

Bridget

297/181.6/160 (new goal)

Bridgetkaryn
on 8/2/13 12:37 am - Aldie, VA

Sue-

Congrats on your success! It isn't easy keeping the weight off... I am not active on the board much but tend to check in at the "yearly" point to see how people are.. I will post a hello to catch people up! :-)

cush32
on 8/1/13 5:34 pm
Topic: Happy Anniversary to all of August 2005 family.

wow it's been a long time since i've been to this message board.  I resently post on the revision board but was happy to find my way back to this board.  Hows everyone??  I'm still fighting with this weight battle i had a revision and its not working to well but i haven't regain to much.  I still would like to lose 30 are 40 pounds but I have to get my head right.  Well ladies/people  its late and it was nice looking back at some of the old posted messages.  Take Care All

Sue C
on 8/3/12 12:17 am - Fargo, ND
Hi Pam-

Thank you very much and you have done great yourself.  Keep loving that life!!

Here's to 7 more 

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Sue C
on 8/3/12 12:16 am - Fargo, ND
Hi Dawn-

Thanks so much.  Its scary when those episodes happen.  Mine bottoms out so bad that I cant even communicate and my body is useless.  I now live by myself so that makes it even scarier.  I take a couple glucose tablets when I do go to bed and it hasnt happened again.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Pammi G
on 8/2/12 10:20 pm - Dallas, TX
 Hi Sue you are doing great. 

You are right,  not many post here anymore but Its great to see the people I shared my first hard year with.  Thank you for checking in.  

I am living life and loving it.  Cheers! Here's to 7 more.  

Pam
In the book of life, the answers are not in the back.....Charlie Brown.

Pam
Pammi G
on 8/2/12 10:15 pm - Dallas, TX
Topic: RE: Happy Annivesary all!
 Same to you Dawn B.  Happy to still see you checking in.   Happy Anniversary.  It doesn't seem that long. 

Pami
In the book of life, the answers are not in the back.....Charlie Brown.

Pam
Dawn B.
on 8/2/12 9:37 am - Anderson, CA
Hi Sue,

Great job keeping off the weight. I have low blood sugar episodes as well - usually because I had too many carbs during the day.

Dawn   5'7" 258/142
'What's important is not necessarily where you are, but in what direction you are going.' Oliver Wendel Holmes

Most Active
Recent Topics