1 yr out...weight loss really slowed after 6 mths

Snuggles
on 9/5/07 10:27 am - Mpls, MN
Hello wondering if I could get some guidance on how to kick start my weight loss again, I started at 222 and am now around 135-140 depending on the week, day :-0 I realy would like to get down to 125-130. Any suggestions. My weight loss was pretty steady up until 6 months and now I have only dropped 17 lbs in 6mths.
Pam P.
on 9/9/07 11:48 pm - LaGrange, GA
Wow Shelly your loss is really great....I started at 228 and at my one year was only down to 154! My loss moves at a snail pace every since like March...it creeps along at one and 2 here and there...I wonder if I will ever get out of the 150's. So congrats to you I would think yours would be moving really slow now...I will send you the kickstart I found on the main board. Congrats Again! Congrats on your weight loss... You can try this to get your weight loss jump started! #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day (some suggest at least 60 and up to 80 gr) #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day. beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free popsicles tea or coffee (decaf only) sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/07 11:42 pm
Pam, I think I will try this. Mine slowed about the same time or even earlier! I saw 159.5 on the scale the other day-I need to try this! Thanks Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/07 12:28 pm - Florence, KY
Nice kick start menu! I just had my 1 yr check up and weighed in at 198 on the 24th of August. 1 year and 1 day from 370 lbs. WOW doesn't seem possible. I am at 189 today... having gone back to stage 3 for a few days, then advancing my diet back to full food. Shooting for about 170 as a final resting place before any plastics. WTG on your weight loss!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 667 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 733 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 798 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 926 views