Anyone else still have NO appetite?

lea2be
on 12/6/07 7:54 am - LaBelle, FL
I still have no real appetite. Yes, I have occasional food cravings and I crave salty or sweet at times. But I have no true appetite for normal, every day eating. I could easily go for days without eating and stop only because I got weak. I do NOT do that, but I could. I make myself eat and get my protein in each day (100+ grams per day). I really think that I'd prefer to have the appetite and have to battle it at times... How about the rest of you?? Lea
jkfullerva
on 12/24/07 1:34 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I have an appetite. If I don't eat I get shaky like when my blood sugar drops. The shakiness is worse if I eat too many carbs. The degenerative disc disease is flaring up now I have 2 vertabrae that are bone on bone so the pain meds kill my appetite too. I have to wait until Jan. 24 to get an epidural steroid injection. I miss Motrin more than chocolate. Are you drinking sodas? I was told never again but I saw something online the other day about some dr's letting patients have them after 2 months. I know they are bad for your bones and calcium absorbtion. Let me know how you are doing Merry Christmas Jenny
lea2be
on 12/24/07 2:10 am - LaBelle, FL
I just have no appetite at all. Some days, I could go ALL day without eating and never miss it. I don't do that, but I could. Instead, I watch the clock and eat by that. No hunger pains to clue me in when I'm behind either! I do NOT drink soda--not even preop. I do, however, go through a good bit of iced tea and that is contributing to my low iron. Sorry to hear about the pain from the DDD. Mine has been doing very well since the first 100 pounds came off. Now that I'm at 200 lost, I don't have much pain at all from the DDD. I have recently had a new bout with pain and give-out in my left knee (bone on bone, no cartilige left and major arthritis at times). I don't take anything for it and go for months without really feeling the need to. Then, suddenly and for no apparent reason, it gives me a fit for a while. This time, it went out on me and I slipped down my front stairs (picked a lovely time to go out!)... I busted my butt and my pride, but no real injuries. Then, for about a week, it acted up and gave me some pain. Now, again for no apparent reason as I've not taken any anti-inflammatories or anything, it has stopped again. I used to get cortisone shots in both knees every three mos like clockwork as that was as often as my ortho would do it. Now, I haven't had one since March and don't really feel the need till I have a round like this last one! All in all, I'm doing pretty good. I am down to 209 from 410 (201 pounds gone forever!). I'm still aiming to get down into onederland, but anywhere there will be fine. I set my goal at 185, but with excess skin, I'm not sure that is possible. We'll see where I land! I hope the appt on the 24th gives you a much needed break from the pain. Hugs, Lea
burgundylady2003
on 12/24/07 9:09 pm - small town, Canada
Uh, yes I have an appetite, actually a huge one. I have cravings, I have a sweet tooth and I also am prone to snacking. I do dump, but it is not bad enough for me to stop eating the sweets...arggh... I havent lost anymore weight since August. Frankly, I was so happy with where I was at that I was trying to maintain so letting myself eat more....and it has gotten out of hand, I would still like to lose 20 pounds but it isnt happening. Also, I am hosting Christmas and have been baking (snacking!!) up a storm. I just stepped on the scale and I have gained 2 to 3 pounds! OMG Interesting how we can have the same surgery and both have very good results ( I lost 100 pounds in a year) but yet very different now. Hoping I get control of my eating before this tool is wasted on me! Not going back to being fat! C
lea2be
on 12/25/07 6:51 am - LaBelle, FL
I really wish that I did have an appetite. I am finding now that I don't think I am actually eating ENOUGH. It seems that when I have a few days in a row of what I'd call excessive eating that I suddenly kick up the weight loss and drop 2 or 3 pounds all of a sudden! SO, I am going to make a concerted effort to up my calorie intake to closer to 1500 a day instead of the 1200 my Nut said to stay at till you reach your goal weight. I do not believe it is enough to keep my metabolism working. The hard part (and why I say "concerted effort") will be actually DOING it! I have to make myself eat most days, so getting in more is not as some folks would think... It IS funny how different our journeys will be! One who forgets to eat, has no appetite and has to eat by the clock while another has to still battle hunger and that sweet tooth or carb craving. Now I am not saying that I don't crave things from time to time! I do! But, it is more my head saying "wouldn't ____ be good about now?" as opposed to "I just gotta have some ____!" You will get it under control! You want it badly! Lea
Lavon
on 12/26/07 10:13 pm - Turlock, CA
C, I also have an appetite, but not really hunger. When I make a plate of food, I always seem like I can eat more and pile the plate up, but luckily I can't eat it all. I haven't lost much of anything since about 9/2007, just maintaining. I still would like to loose 15 - 20 lbs, so after the 1st of the yr, I am going back to basic. I will just eat protein, veggies, fruit, yogurt and milk. I think if I do that I will start loosing again and get the last 15 -20 off. I can eat some sweets with no problem; however, if too much sugar in the sweet, I have dumping syndrome. Not very serious, just a little sick to stomach, get rapid heart beat and a hot flash. All lasting between 15 min - 1 hr. So this is not much of a deter for me to stay away. I do think about how I could gain all my weight back, some have and I can see how it could happen. So, I want to be very careful and that is my New Years resolution. Hugs from Lavon
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/08 10:46 am - Florence, KY
I don't have a regular appetite but find that I am allowing stress to drive me to 'look for food" again. I am at 176 from 370 and would be happy to stay at this weight. My mom just had her plastics and with all the issues she had/is having I am not sure I want to do it. Yes having the flapping tummy removed would be great, maybe something on my chest other than my sternum sticking out too.... LOL where did they go? Of course my legs are sooooo ugly that I can't imagine ever wearing shorts again. AND STILL I would do it again in a minute! There is no way I could have ever lost the weight with out the surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 667 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 734 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 798 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 927 views