I'm Scared..Gained 10lbs

sheree
on 11/21/09 7:16 pm - arlington, TX
Its been 3 years and it seems that my body is out of wack..i get low blood sugar, i'm hungary all the time and to top it off i've GAINED 10lbs!!! I've started going back to the basics but now its just harder....Just scared and dont want to go backewards...HELP
lisa V.
on 12/5/09 12:59 am

I went to the the Dr about the low blood sugar problem too and her suggestion was eat more so i did and gained 10 pounds also, so what i did was step up the exercises and body toning free weights and was able to loose 5 of the 10 and still able to eat more and not be hungry and keep my blood sugar stable but I'm back into my jeans and what i havent lost i gained in muscle. the one thing that i have learned in the last year was that the surgery only gets you so far and now at this stage of the game it is up to us to keep it in control. I hate exercising!!!! but now see the point, I feel better and it helps keep the weight from going crazy, I have my" what i would like to be weight",then i have "my I'm okay with that weight", and "that is it weight", once i hit that is it weight i go to the gym more and really stick to the basics but do eat more to keep the hungry down and to balance, with in 2 weeks I'm back down to my okay weight, don't let 10 pounds get you. we have worked really hard for this not get caught it the down slide you can do it!!

sheree
on 12/5/09 3:25 am - arlington, TX
thank you lisa..that really encourages me...i did step up the exercise and did lose 5 of the 10 also by watching my calories and doing my regular walking
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/10 9:22 pm - Florence, KY
If you remember the fine print..... doctors do say that most people will put back on 10-15% of the weight loss! Of course, for me, gaining 10-20 back after losing 250+ is still a fair trade.

I also have the "would like to weigh", "am ok with this weight" and OH NO...wake up weight! When I hit the last one it is back to protein shakes and more exercising for me.

I have found that I can drop the weight easier now than before surgery.

My weight hovers in the 160-180 range without my doing much about it. Coming from 370-420 swing I am content!

Just pick up the moving and eat more protein less carbs.... you know what to do!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 659 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 729 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 795 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 921 views