Holding steady...Yeah!

frazier
on 12/29/08 1:00 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi everyone, 

Hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to an even better 2009.  I had a really nice Christmas.  Lots of family get togethers.

Monday weigh in
145 today...that is down 1 pound from last week.  I discovered that I do dump (unfortunately). I made the mistake of trying 1/2 an ice cream cone from Baskin and Robins....lots of sugar and fat i'll bet because I thought I could eat anything without dumping.  Well that cone made me dump and turned me off sweets too.  So...bad thing or good thing...I'm not sure but definitely no more ice cream for me. 

Take care everyone and have a great week.

Fran
brenmatt65
on 12/30/08 12:42 pm - Powell, WY

Hi Fran!
Ice cream does the same thing to me...along with many other things.  But I'm grateful..it helps keep me on the straight and narrow LOL.

135 lbs today.  This is the second consecutive Holiday season that I've LOST weight.  Praise God!!  I'm wearing a size 4 and nearing a size 2.  It's still unreal to me.  I'll take this unreal over most other unreals though lol.

I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and an even better 2009 to come!

Love you all!

Brenda

TaraWynn
on 1/2/09 8:18 pm - Midland, MI

Hello Everyone,
Great JOb so far you ladies!!!
As usual I am the failure of the bunch. Thought about not posting, but what good would that do. I am up to 169 this morning. Yup, you read it right. I was with a client that had the flu and just ate no bake cookies for breakfast , lunch, snacks and dinner for 3 days. * hangs head* I know what I am doing wrong, going to turn it around, probably just one stomach flu away from getting back to "normal" for me. ( 160 -165)   and Im sure Ill get it as I was knee deep in ....well you know.

Thanks for being here.

T

frazier
on 1/5/09 11:47 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Tara, Brenda and Kathleen,  We are not posting much anymore are we.  Tara,  don't think of yourself as a failure.  You have been maintaining around the same weight for quite some time now and your encouragement and struggles are what help others (me) to continue on and to try to be strong.  Sometimes I can do it and at other times I have great difficulty.  I put on 3 pounds this week.  I have been eating cookies and chocolate again.  I don't know why I keep doing this to myself.  As I sit here I feel sick from eating too many crackers.  I don't even really enjoy the things I have been eating and still I eat.  I have been thinking of trying the 5 day pouch test.  Maybe if I prove to myself that I can stick to something for at least 5 days I can get myself back on track. I need to make some New Year's resolutions and stick to them.  Hope you didn't get the flu Tara...that's a miserable way to lose weight. 

Please don't stop posting....I need you all and appreciate all the support I get from all of you. 

Fran
TaraWynn
on 1/5/09 8:28 pm - Midland, MI
HI Fran,
Thanks for the lovely words!!!! I so needed to hear them.
 Guess what, I did get the flu. I am down to 163 today. What a way to lose it!!!!! AS soon as I feel like eating at all, I AM going to do the pouch test too to get back on track. Maybe we could do it together and write each other of our struggles (or ease!!! :)
I am going to get back on track. Yes, I did maintain for almost the whole year and a half. But wish I was 30 lbs down, so I am going to really give it a try. We have a membership to a Community Center, and because I am embarrassed about my arms I don't go with my family swimming, well poop on it, I am going!!! Its gonna be so hard for me because I am mortified to have anyone see them, but I have to try.
I hope you are all well, don't get the flu, it stinks!!!
love,
Tara
frazier
on 1/6/09 10:56 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hi Tara,  Let me know when you feel well enough to try the pouch test.  I had a flu shot this year...I have to every year for work so hopefully it protects me.  I would like to have someone to do the pouch test with.  I hope to get healthy this year but I need to break some old bad habits.  I have been getting to the gym a few times a week.  I have a pool where I live (apartment) but I rarely use it. It's so easy to put off the things you know you should do.  On the plus side...I wasn't exercising at all a year and a half ago so I guess I have made some progress.  Talk to you soon.
Fran
Kathleen L.
on 1/10/09 1:55 am - Lawton, OK
Hi ladies and Happy New Year!  Been crazy busy here.  Finally I have a few minutes to check on my lovely friends.  I have been maintaining between 127-130.  I guess my body is just kind of settled here, which is way better than I could have hoped.  I make sure to get my 60 grams of protein every day.  I think I eat a few too many crackers, but I am trying hard to exercise more and tone up a lil.  Hubby comes home Feb. 14, and I am just counting the minutes.    I am glad to see everyone on here, and doing ok.  We will all have to struggle forever with this, and it means alot to me to have u all to turn to for support and advise.  Much love to all...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 735 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 769 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 1009 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 895 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 945 views