Check in

maribelm
on 4/6/09 5:40 am - San Mateo, CA

Hello, its been a awhile since ive wandered onto this board..as i ve read some of your posts its seems everyone has done well with losing..i have not done well...i did get pregnant at 5 months out...but now its been 7 months since having my babies and i havent been able to lose..thankfully i didnt gain a whole lot (gained 8lbs) but did end the pregnancy less than i  started..ive been stuck at 240-242 for 7months now..somedays i can eat like i never had gastric..ive been so unhappy and iknow i am to blame..my time to workout is out the window and im really trying to get back on track..i am so upset with myself and this week im starting a new diet...ive only lost 130 lbs and mostly in the first 8 months and now nothing..i dont even think i will ever see under 200..plus my nasty skin is so unmotivating..ok ok enough of my drama..im happy though this board is still around and hope to get motivated..have a great week all..

Mari Andrade-Macias

Josie 3.5 y/o, David and Abby 7months

Maribel, SW367/CW250/GW150

preview imageLilypie - (IJh8)

Mommy O.
on 4/19/09 12:45 am
130lbs is a lot of weight to loose! You are doing amazing and coming out of a pregnancy at a lower weight then you started! That would probably not be possible without WLS! You are on the right track just keep going! You can do it! 

Kathleen L.
on 4/19/09 1:31 am - Lawton, OK
Hi everyone!  How are you all doing?  I am doing well.  Got a huge promotion at work...am loving it.  My new Granddaughter is at seven pounds now and doing well.  As for my weight loss, I had my RNY almost two years ago.  I stay right around 135, never get over 140.  I would love to be 125 or 130, but for being an old Grandma and Mom of four kids, I cannot complain wearing a size 4 or 6.  I am starting to be able to eat choc. and more sugar (ugh) but so far am maintaining.  I am petrified to get big again.  Always worrying, weighing, too obsessed I think.  I miss all of you.  Take good care and much love!!
hollers_kaye02
on 4/19/09 8:24 pm - Kansas City, MO
Hey.. I thought I would check in also.. My surgery date was Aug 15 2006.  To date I have lost 209 pounds.. I got pregnant 4 months out..I lost 66 pounds while pregnant.. My baby was totally healthy.. He gets lots of colds though.. I work out 2-5 times a week, depending on whats going on that week.. Last month I was on the top 10 list, of who went to the gym the most..I have been stuck around 170 since Christmas.. thats with working out all the time.. I was going 5 days a wee****il March.. Last week I stepped on the scale and it said 166..YES! I feel like I eat a lot.. probably hit around 900-1300 calories a day.. I can't eat meat much.. my stomach hurts afterward.. sandwich meat is good.. my new fave food is subway.  I'm working on taking my vitamins regularly.. and am always hoping I never get fat again.. I started out 375.. and weigh 166 today.. I am having my wedding in 2 weeks..My dress is gorgeous.. and I'm not afraid for people to look at me anymore. When people ask me how did you lose the weight.. I say.. I am one of the lucky people, who got to have gastric bypass surgery.. I could not have done it without the surgery. Life is great being thin.. If only I could have known what it was like to have felt this way whenI was growing up....

maribelm
on 4/20/09 5:40 am - San Mateo, CA

thanks for response..also happy to see people still around..well i made the decision to go leave my fulltime for a part time..im excited because this will allow me to spend timee with my babies and workout..yay..im so on a mission to lose...congrats to those who have done so well..lets keep in touch.

CONGRATS on the wedding and im sure you will look beautiful!!

Maribel, SW367/CW250/GW150

preview imageLilypie - (IJh8)

frazier
on 4/26/09 12:03 am - Hamilton, Canada

Hi Everyone,  It's nice to see people still check in on this board!   Maribelm you and I had surgery on the same day.  Congrats on the new baby.  It must have been tough to lose while pregnant.  Just continue to follow the "rules"  and  I'm sure you will continue.  Even with the weight you have lost just think how much more you will be able to do with your children!  Kathleen, Tara, it's so nice to continue to hear from you too.  Tara you made me laugh when you signed your name "the fat one"  I guess we have all "settled" at a comfortable weight...now the challenge is to keep it there...sigh....there is always a challenge isn't there.  I am doing well.  It's so nice to be able to walk properly since I got my knees done.  I call myself the bionic woman.  Keep adding...and taking away parts.  I don't think I will be getting plastics though.  Too expensive.  I will just have to continue to hide the extra skin.  I got a dog a couple of weeks ago.  A cute little terrier.  Now I am getting out and walking more.  Her name is Cookie.  She is so cute and she is about the same size as my cat.  They get along well together.  My kids are doing well.  My son was laid off for a while but he is back to work thank goodness....he has 3 boys (8,4 and 3).  I hope you all stay well!  I love to hear from everyone.  Fran

Most Active
Recent Topics
Fills
nickilin · 0 replies · 725 views
5 years..feel great!
frazier · 0 replies · 764 views
5 years ago- Change my life!!
MELISSA52879 · 0 replies · 999 views
5 years out..today
1hipmom · 1 replies · 890 views
how is everyone doing?
frazier · 2 replies · 939 views