8 weeks Post Operation Indigestion

WendyWindow
on 10/4/08 5:45 am - UK
 Hi everyone.  For the last couple of weeks I have been getting slight but noticably and at times uncomfortable indigestion.  Is this normal? Should I be asking my doctor for indigestion remedy or will it pass?  Has it got anything to do with what I am eating?  Any advice appreciated.
Waltraud G.
on 10/7/08 2:17 am - Bartlett, TN
Hi Wendy,
Does your doctor have you taking anything such as Zantac or Protonix daily? I to will get indigestion from stomach acid if I don't take my Protonix every morning.

WendyWindow
on 10/7/08 7:29 am - UK
 Hi.  Thank you very much for your reply.  I am not currently on any medication (op was 11th Aug 08).  My doctor called me this evening and has said that he will prescribe something for me to ease the indigestion.  He mentioned 4-5 different options and I am sure that the two you have noted were included in those he mentioned. He also said that as I am two months post op, you tend to get more daring in terms of experimenting with different food and portion sizes, which may be the cause.  Think there is definitely some truth in that as well. He suggested that I go back to soups, yoghurts and that kind of stuff for a bit until I feel better too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1102 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 843 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1078 views