August Updates

ctmom
on 12/10/08 8:02 am
RNY on 08/25/08 with
Interested to know how all of the August folks are doing.  Does anybody have a Christmas or New Year's goal?  I know that I'd like to be under 200 by Christmas.  I am hovering around 210.....down 70lbs since surgery on Aug 25th.

Would love to hear from anyone who'd like to share.........
Tina H.
on 12/11/08 1:45 am - Pasadena, MD
I am down 56 lbs since Aug 26 and feel great!   My recent lab work just came back and my blood sugar is in the normal range with no medicine..woohoo!  The only problem was low vitamin D.

We are going to Jamaica the week of Christmas, so my goal is to stay on plan and still get my exercise in every day while there.  No eating stuff I shouldn't eat despite the fact that it is an all inclusive resort! 

Tina

kilmarlic
on 12/11/08 4:52 am - powells point, NC
I just had my 4 month surgiversary earlier this week - I'm down 70 lbs. I've also gone from a size 24/26 into my Mom's 18/20s. I'm so excited about that. Since week 3 my blood sugar has been in the normal range and everything seems to be going fine.

I hadn't set any Hoiday goals for myself - other than to stick with the 30 minutes of daily exercise and my eating plan (protein first - no grazing - 3 meals - 2 snacks). I'd like to set some goals for my birthday in March or my 6 month surgiversary in February but the way the weight sometimes falls off then hangs on at other times, I'm not really sure what would be realistic. Any 6 month goals out there?

- Iris

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Highest      Surgery    Lowest      Current                                                                 

314.5          294          208        258.4

purplefans
on 12/11/08 10:40 am - MA
I just made it into Onderland!  I'm about 1/2 way to goal weight!   

i'm down 63 pounds since 8/21.  Still waiting for doctors report on the 3 month blood work (I went late).   

I have no goals for Christmas/New Years, except to enjoy life! 

TrishMcM
on 12/12/08 11:34 pm - UK
I have lost 60 lbs since surgery on 27th August. Everything is going well and I am enjoying a greater variety of foods.  No specific goals for Christmas and New Year, but looking forward to the festive season!
roadking317
on 12/13/08 10:26 pm
VSG on 08/18/08 with
Down 104# since 8/18. All tests AOK Feel great!
Dot T.
on 12/14/08 8:16 am - Bartlesville, OK
I don't weigh every day, but the last time I weighed, I was down 52 lbs since Aug 13.  I'm down from a TIGHT size 22 to a LOOSE size 18 in my work pants.  I've been at this weight for a couple weeks now, so I'm hoping that the losing will start back up again soon!

My goal is to do better at taking my vitamins.  I go frm doing really well to not doing so well and then I try to do better.  I need to be more consistent!  I haven't had any labs done and I'm not scheduled to have any done until Februrary...

I'm losing hair like crazy.  I had anesthesia for my surgery and then again a month later when I got a stricture opened back up.  I hope since I was put to sleep twice that it doesn't mean that I'm going to lose TWICE as much hair!!

Happy Holidays & Happy Losing to everyone!

Dot
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/08 5:38 pm
Mistletoe76
on 12/15/08 2:56 am, edited 12/15/08 2:56 am - Fort Drum, NY

Hi everyone! I've lost 64 pounds since my surgery on August 27th and I feel FABULOUS!

I've gone from a size 26 pants that morning to a size 16 today!! That is amazing! I haven't been a 16 since 1993!!! I'm bigger on the top (thanks to the breasts, lol) but they've reduced too THANK GOD!!

I'm grateful everyday that I had the surgery! I'm halfway to my goal as I've lost 79 pounds when you include my pre-op loss and I have 80 pounds to go!

I'm thrilled to hear positive updates from everyone else!
Melissa

PS. I've only lost 3 pounds since Thanksgiving but I've gone down a pant size since then so I'm definitely losing inches.

Pre-Op 299/Surgery 284/Current 174/Surgeon's Goal 170/My Goal 140
                                       Proud Army Wife to my deployed HERO!!!
Karen M.
on 12/15/08 4:03 am - Calabasas, CA
ok Im still not too happy with my weight-loss Im down 55 lbs but I thought it would have been more so I feel like a failure
:(.....my staring weight on surgery day was 260 (8/6/2008) and I now weigh 205.....I'm 5'5 does that seem slow to anyone else?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1101 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 843 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1078 views