Where have all the August folks gone?

glemlm
on 6/11/09 10:09 am - Martinez, GA
I bet you are out running around, cant sit for more than 5 minutes (you know how those 'new' bones in our butts just kill us) so don't have time to update the rest of us.  Probably out running marathons, or at least 5 Ks  ok maybe a 1 k or even 100 paces but you are probably outside.  Laying in bathings suits,  wearing shorts,  playing with the kids, riding bikes, walking, planting flowers, grooming a garden, having FUN!!!  YIpee Ki yi yah!!!  At least I hope you are.  Loving my new life and hoping you are too. 
Linda
LilyFlower79
on 6/15/09 12:29 am - CO

Life is great and new! Can not beleive how far we have come!! Enjoy each day to the fullest. So much time has passed and yet it feels like just yesterday! Good luck to you all!!

dawnie810
on 7/5/09 12:55 pm - Chepachet, RI
Hello,

I had my surgery on 8/25/08.  I've lost around 85 lbs. and feel great, BUT I have been around the same weight for months!!!  I eat healthy, I even sometimes still weigh my food, and I exercise regulary, so I cannot figure out why my weight will not go down more.  The doctor says to just keep on doing what I'm doing and keep changing up my work-out routine.  That was a few months ago.  I try not to be obsessive about the numbers on the scale but it gets a little discouraging when they do not move after awhile.  My clothes fit better so maybe the numbers aren't moving because weights are a part of my exercise routine.  Any suggestions to boost the weight loss?

Thanks,
Dawn
glemlm
on 7/5/09 5:31 pm - Martinez, GA
Hey Dawn,
I have the same problem.  Lost great from Aug to Dec then slowed down.  Lost maybe 20 since February(ish).  Now lose some, gain some,  try to change exercise,  not exercise, increase exercise,  increase food, decrease food,  change food.  It is very frustrating.  I did get some advice to eat my food, and drink my snacks as I still drink a protein drink and was doing that for breakfast.  Was a mistake.  Now eat dense proteins for meals, with goal to finish in 15-20 minutes,  then drink my fluids before I try to have anything else.  Usually if I eat dense foods,  I cant eat other stuff.  The less dense foods add up and I can eat them too easily.  SO I am avoiding them now   protein first,  in some dense format.  I keep chicken and tuna salad ready to go in the fridge, and hard boiled eggs,  ricotta cheese, and lean deli meats for quick snacks.  Right now it seems to be working.  Keep up the good work.  My doc also says to just keep doing what I have been and to be patient.  He says we can lose for up to 2 years, it will just be a little slower.  I find it interesting that we are still losing sizes but not pounds.  More muscle I guess.  Sounds like you are doing great.  Keep it up.
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1099 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 864 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 842 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1077 views