11 Months Post Op

MoniqueW
on 7/16/09 9:38 am
Hello all just wanted to stop by and send my hellos to my OH friends. I’m not on here as much as I was before being banded but I’ll always drop by from time to time. Where do I being… I was banded August 25th, 2008 and now I’m approaching my 1 year anniversary. I’m averaging 2 lbs. loss per month and to date I’ve loss 51 lbs. My weight loss has been slow, and I’m not sure why, but I’m happy with my results to date.   Size: Top 16/18 and Bottom 18   Exercise: I try to assist my band in every way that I can. For activity, I go to the gym. I’m there 5 days per week, 45-1 hr. per day. My regimen consist of cardio 3x and resistance training 2 xs per week.   Fluids: Water, coffee, soy milk, unsweetened tea or Crystal Light…  I don’t get in as much as I need to.   Supplements: For about 3 months after surgery I took a multivitamin everyday, now I just try to eat a well balanced meal. I don’t take any vitamins (although I know I should).   Diet: Generally between 1000 – 1200 calories per day. Protein first, followed by veggies, then very little starch/bread if I still have room. I don’t drink with meals, but I will drink before eating just to wet my mouth.   Adjustments: I go see my doctor around every 3 months for adjustments. I’ve had a total of 4 fills with my last one being sometime back in April. I’ve loss 5lbs since then, and it almost feels as though the adjustments (all were fluro) are more trouble than the results are worth. I’m currently at 8.75cc in a 10cc band.     Support Group: I would love to attend a support group with other bandsters, but once my NUT started requiring exorbitant fees to host them, I had to back out… I just couldn’t afford it, so OH website offers the only support I have.   Would I do it again: Yes! A million times yes! I’m healthier, I’m more fit, and I’m making progress (slowly). I feel 10 times better than I did a year ago today. I feel as though the band has motivated me to be a healthier and more fit ME. Now, granted my weight loss has been slow compared to most but my doctor tells me I’m right on track. I eat what I want within moderation, and I don’t deal with dumping or malabsorbtion. I actually live a pretty regular life, and that’s what I wanted. I’m no longer the biggest person in the room.   NSV:      I’m active and I love being able to workout and keep up with the rest of them.                 Can jog (but I’m careful due to knees)                 Can wear hills                 Can wear skirts w/o them rising in the back                 Can cross my legs                 Can fit into airplane seats                 Getting curvy and feeling sexy                 SEX is so much better w/o all the barriers                 I have a neck                 Feet and hands are smaller                 Like what I see in the mirror                 Able to fit in rides at Disney World and Six Flags                 Able to give myself a pedicure w/o passing out                 Able to reach the center of my back when showering
cid_IMG00104-20090606-1643.jpg picture by whitett28

Highest Weight = 279lbs.
VSG Surgery Weight = 253 lbs.

Goal Weight = 175 lbs. (5'5)

Current:194

Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1097 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 862 views
Join us in 2010