August 3rd!

TwinAndTeenMom
on 8/9/09 3:44 pm
I wish I'd known you were here before! I'm so happy to see other people in a similar part of the journey. God bless you all!!! I'm so excited for us!!!
Victoria
Eagle River, AK

RNY 8/3/09

not2late
on 8/10/09 1:17 pm
Me too, mine was 8/4 and I am feeling great! 
thinnermee
on 8/10/09 2:54 pm
Mine was aug 3rd too. i dont want to be a downer but man am i sick of liquids. i still have all the food cravings andhunger.  i got the lap band done.  i should be more positive. it took me 2 yrs to qualify!!  now i am complaining. whats wrong with me? all i want to do is eat and i am thinking maybe it wasnt worth it if i cant eat now. how stupid does that sound???
starting weight/current/goal: 278/257/130
surgery date: Aug 3rd,2009    2fillls for total of 6cc
preop diet started: July 20,2009

TwinAndTeenMom
on 8/10/09 4:12 pm
On August 10, 2009 at 9:54 PM Pacific Time, kathie K. wrote:
Mine was aug 3rd too. i dont want to be a downer but man am i sick of liquids. i still have all the food cravings andhunger.  i got the lap band done.  i should be more positive. it took me 2 yrs to qualify!!  now i am complaining. whats wrong with me? all i want to do is eat and i am thinking maybe it wasnt worth it if i cant eat now. how stupid does that sound???
Not stupid at all!! My family isn't too sensitive, and they've been eating KFC and Taco Bell right in the same room, and it smells delicious.  When I COULD eat that stuff, I rarely did, but smelling it makes me want to rip it out of their hands!!!

But, then you sit back and realize that you've been given a gift, an opportunity, and you gotta work it. *hug* We all feel your pain!!
Victoria
Eagle River, AK

RNY 8/3/09

thinnermee
on 8/11/09 1:38 pm
thanks for your support. i feel better today.  lots of idle time though!!  in a much better mood.  i worked hard to get this done i need to embrace it instead of thinking of all the french fries and tacos i am missing.
starting weight/current/goal: 278/257/130
surgery date: Aug 3rd,2009    2fillls for total of 6cc
preop diet started: July 20,2009

Amy Smith
on 8/12/09 1:30 pm
 I also had surgery on August 3rd and think that i am doing well, but I am not getting in enough protein or water.  The thought of eating what I can eat makes me nausea but then I see a bacon cheeseburger or smell a friends lunch and think I would love to eat that.  The good news is I know I can't eat it so I dismiss the thought quickly.  

I feel like I am eating and drinking all day, but I never feel full.  I hope my pouch is not too big already!  I can am eating 4 oz. of cottage cheese with no problem.    I haven't tried to eat more than 1/2 cup.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1083 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1055 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 879 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 842 views