AUGUST 19TH!

Tangysugar
on 8/13/09 5:35 am
WOW i got 6 days to go and i am feeling all sorts of different emotions...

i did everythign i was told to do.. and got everythign too.. i hoope i am prepared for this journey!

monalisa_mark
on 8/13/09 3:27 pm - St. Joseph, MO
Breathe, you are just having a case of the nerves.  Talk about or write about those emotions you are feeling, let them flow.  Better dealt with now than later.

You're going to do great!  I am on the 20th!!  I can't wait to hear you are home!! 

Mona

Tangysugar
on 8/17/09 1:39 am
its great to know im not the only one feeling this way!

2bsailing
on 8/15/09 1:06 am - Axtell, KS
My surgery date is on Aug 19th too and I am freaking out too! I think it is normal...we are going to be making a huge life change! I can't believe that I am acually going through with this but I am so excited and scared at the same time!

Let's stay in touch!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/09 11:01 pm - Greer, SC
janethinds62
on 8/15/09 9:25 am - Bladenboro, NC
Hi,
My name is Janet, I am from North Carolina and I had RNY-Gastric By Pass on 05/12/09.  I am now 12 weeks post op and feeling great.  I wanted to wish you well on your surgery and hope that you have a quick recovery.  The first 2 - 3 weeks are RUFF.  Just do everything that the doctor tells you to do and you will be fine.  I went through mood swings and the closer you get to the date of the surgery the worse the emotions get.  I had spells of crying for no reason.  I even tried to find reasons not to go through with the surgery but I knew I had to do it and now I am so happy that I had the surgery.

Wishing you all the best with your "Journey".

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/09 11:50 am - Johnstown, PA
Janet, I'm glad to know about the mood swings, I thought I was nearing my period or something I've been so jagged.
I want to just lay down and cry myself to sleep.
I'm super snippy to my family, and I don't mean to be.  They've been really supportive.
I want to sabotage myself and eat something - which is not really what I *want* to do of course, it's just my old brain playing its old tricks.
Two more days.
And if I could go thru them in a coma, great.
janethinds62
on 8/16/09 5:17 am - Bladenboro, NC
I was the exact same way.  Everybody was doing everything to help me and be supportive but I would go off about any little thing, even at work one day I went off on my supervisor.  I just felt like no one knew what I was facing and how scared I really was.  The 2 days before my surgery were horrible I cried and cried, I couldn't sleep.   The morning of my surgery my family was doing everything to try to keep me calm but when they took me to the holding area and I was by myself I broke down and starting crying and kept thinking what am I doing to my body, then my surgeon came over to talk to me.  He said it's your choice you can get up and leave if you want to but deep down inside I don't think that is what you want to do.  He was so wonderful, he sat down and told me that the day I went for my consultation that I was so excited and had so much enthusiasm about having the surgery that he knew that I really wanted it and he was so right. 

I will tell you that when you get home after the surgery you will probably get depressed I did, it's like your not able to do anything for yourself and you have to depend on every one else.  Two days before my 2 week check-up I woke up feeling awful and as the day went on it got worse and I started running a fever.  I called the doctor and was told to go straight to the emergency room.  When I got there the doctor on call came in and had ordered a CT Scan to see if my pouch was leaking, thank God it wasn't .  I had developed an infection, was dehydrated and very anemic.  I was admitted back to the hospital on Tuesday night, received IV fluids and antibiotics and had to have 2 units of blood.  I went home 4 days later.  They tell you all the risk of complications but I kept telling myself it want happen to me and it did.  I got very depressed after the re-admission to the hospital.

Today, I look back and I thank God for getting me through everything I experienced.

I will keep you in my prayers, I know where your coming from.

As soon as you are able please e-mail me and let me know how you are doing and if I can answer any questions you might have just send me an e-mail.

I will be thinking about you Wednesday and sending prayers your way.  Take care and I'm here if you need to talk.

Janet
Tangysugar
on 8/16/09 10:38 pm
Thank you for your words Janet..
I love to hear about other people experiences .. i dont want to be blind sided if something like that does happen to me..I love to knwo how everyones daily life is after surgery...

about 2 weeks ago i was freaking out.
but there was alot going on.. Doctor apts and test to be done and My works Flma papers didnt get back yet(got them on friday) but i was STRESSSED

I sit here now with only  today and tomorrow to go and just think about everything that i wont beable to do.. but the the things i will be able to do i believe out weight everything else.

torim
on 8/17/09 1:13 am - Englewood, CO
2 more days OMG how excited you must be!!!!

Tori

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1082 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1055 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 879 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 842 views