3 days home and what I've learned

sdonohue
on 8/13/09 1:11 pm - WA
Hey, August WLS people -

I am have been home for 3 days from my lap band surgery and am doing well.  I am on a 3 week liquid diet which seems daunting but unless I see food advertised or catch a whiff of something, I have no cravings.  It is an emotional craving and not hunger.

So far, my big learning is that hydration is key to feeling good.  Yesterday, I only drank about 10oz. of water and I woke up headachy and weak.  I really concentrated on sipping all day and by tonight I feel pretty good.

Also - I haven't needed pain medication during the day although I have taken something at bedtime.

Good luck to all of you.

SD

monalisa_mark
on 8/13/09 3:25 pm - St. Joseph, MO
Glad to hear you are recovering well.  It give me hope that it will be much better after than before on the liquids.

Stay hydrated!!

Mona

pam C.
on 8/14/09 12:09 pm
Thanks for the hydration tip! Good luck.
namest
on 8/20/09 4:08 am - Canada

I am two weeks in now but on day three I got the worst headache of my life and when I called my center they told me it was likely from dehydration and to be sipping constantly. I sipped gatorade all that day and the next and the headach went away. If you are not peeing much or pee is dark you need to drink more

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfBwKM5/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfBwKM5/s-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

redzhope
on 8/16/09 11:56 am
Lap Band on 08/27/09 with
Congrats and good luck! I have only beeen on liquids for 4 days now and realiza that I have about 5 more weeks to go including surgery.....

I have a song that plays in my head CONSTANTLY>>>>>>>

ONE DAY AT A TIME :)

good Luck!!!

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1083 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1055 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 879 views