Finally got my date! 8/31/09

Theresa560
on 8/13/09 3:26 pm
It's finally scheduled! 8/31/09 the first day of the rest of my life! Looking to start getting my protein drinks and vitamins. Which is the best?

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/09 1:11 pm - Bellmawr, NJ
Hey thats my date too switch sister!
StaceyRene
on 8/17/09 5:09 am - Stockton, CA
 My date too!!!    I like the Designer Whey 100 Calorie Protein powder from Trader Joes.  I have it in both Choc & Vanilla.  In the am - I start my day off with 1 c Nonfat milk, 1 scoop of choc protein powder, 2 t decaf coffee, 1 t fibersure - about 4 ice cubes - & blend - my own Frappachino!  :-)  

For lunch:  I have 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup non fat milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 2 t of sf/ff banana cream pudding powder, and 1 t fibersure, and ice - it's a delish banana-strawberry smoothie!  you can mix fruit and SF/FF pudding flavors for a great variety.

Last week at the support group I attend, the speaker let me know not to stockpile any favorite protein drink, because after surgery our likes/dislikes will change.  What I liked before surgery may or may not be what I like after - just an fyi.  :-)

Congrats on your surgery date!  Wishing you all the best! 
Stacey

KatieAnn
on 8/19/09 12:00 am - Oshkosh, WI
That's my date too  I haven't heard about protein drinks or vitamins yet. I have testing tomorrow & then I meet with my surgeon. Maybe that's when I'll find out about the "after life".
msnikki829
on 8/29/09 2:22 pm - University Park , IL
Congrats! That's my date too, I'm thinking of changing the date I celebrate my birthday to my surgery date because I feel that I have been given a new lease on life. Best of luck to all..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1086 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1061 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 884 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 844 views