Two week liquid diet - pre-op??

abfrutch
on 8/14/09 7:52 am
I am scheduled for my surgery on August 26th. I just started my two week liquid diet on Wed 8/12. I am only on day three but every afternoon my stomach starts getting upset. Almost like when you have a stomach bug and all you want is a piece of toast. Anyone know what I can do to make this better?
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/09 9:38 am - Johnstown, PA
I don't have an answer for you, but wanted to empathize... on my 1st and 2nd day of liquids I honestly felt like I had the stomach bug.  By about 3 or 4 pm, I was clammy and nauseous, and had to go take a nap.  It did occur to me, however, that I was putting too much protein in at one time.  If I spread my shakes out, drinking clear liquids inbetween, it stopped bothering me.
Either that, or my body just got used to not needing to churn and digest... hard to say!
Good luck to you!
aircorp
on 8/15/09 11:01 pm - centre, AL
my dr allowed for me to have a small low cal meal for my two week object.
I am assuming you know the idea is to shrink the liver for less complications if any...... so with that being said I lost 14 lbs doing it this way per my dr.
you could ask yours if this  might be an option?

However there were days that i cheated and had my last meal lol
sweetrn
on 8/20/09 1:15 pm
Hello, I see you had the realize band.  That is what I am having on Aug. 25th, how goes it with you? Any complications?  I am thinking about my "last meal" also, LOL,  any negative effects from the cheating.
Did you have an Upper GI after your surgery? Is that common place?
As you can tell I need a buddy with this.  It helps to talk to someone that has experienced it. Let me hear from you.

SweetRN
Greensboro, NC
genenancy
on 8/19/09 6:17 am
Hi, I am Nancy. I had the gastric bypass surgery on August 10th. I didn't seem to have a problem with the liquid diet. I would drink my protein for bkfst then would drink water or eat sf jello between. It seemed to work out okay. I was very deterined to do things the right way. I have a family member that already had the surgery but did what she wanted to do without any regard to the liquid diet and she had many problems. On the liquid diet I lost 20 pounds before my surgery and the surgeon said that my operation was easy. I have been home for 6 days and I am doing excellent. Just do what the professionals tell you to do. It may be a little hard, but you can do it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1086 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1061 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 884 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 844 views