Aug 20th- This Thursday

La'Toya H.
on 8/16/09 6:12 am, edited 8/16/09 6:20 am - Frisco, TX
The first day to the new beginning of the rest of my life...ahhhhh!! I am so nervous and excited but trying to stay focused to work through this liquid diet starting today.....

I hope I will be okay as far as pain goes because I have a little one starting Kindergarten the same week I have surgery, I need to go meet the teacher and  ensure all is well.. I know I am making the right decision with this revision surgery, just a little nervous and anxious.. I am also freaked about the liquid and mushy stage the first 3 weeks after surgery, so far I haven't seen any variety of foods to eat during those stages.. any thoughts?

Also, I will be going home the next day after surgery, but I notice alot of other RNY patients were in the hospital for a number of days, any thoughts on that? should I be worried?

Well.. Good Luck to all

Respectfully,
La'Toya

oxbumblebeaxo
on 8/16/09 6:43 am - Hanover, MD
I am having my RNY the same day as you. I am just as nervous and the diet before hand has been by far the hardest yet. I have cheated here and there but mostly I have been good. I am doubting and wondering and I have had days where I am down mentally. I know this is the best decision of my life. I am tired of the roller coaster ride up and down one day. Good luck and I am going to friend request you to keep in touch.
Bea

La'Toya H.
on 8/16/09 9:16 am, edited 8/16/09 9:16 am - Frisco, TX
Perfect ! Let's definitely keep in touch and keep each other posted.. Same as you I cheated a little on the liquid diet, I feel bad...but i still work out and hope that will even it out for me..I think I'm just ready to go down that path and be able to provide people with some helpful advice and ideas like I get from this site... Good Luck and keep in touch

Respectfully,
La'Toya

oxbumblebeaxo
on 8/16/09 1:31 pm - Hanover, MD
Sounds like a plan. I went out with my husband and had  a nice steak tonight. tomorrow back on the liquid. I think this has been the worst part of the whole ordeal. I swam in our pool for 2hours tonight. So I hope I burned off some stuff. lol. Good luck and I will be in touch.
Bea

monalisa_mark
on 8/16/09 4:43 pm - St. Joseph, MO
Me too I am being banded then ..  Yeah!  I have been on the liquid diet since the 6th my surgeon makes us do it for 2 full weeks. 

Hope all goes well!

Mona

Tangysugar
on 8/16/09 11:55 pm
I feel the same way as you .. my surgery is on the 19th! this wednesday!
Kimberly Long
on 8/17/09 3:42 am
I with all of you. my surgery for RNY is on the 20th. I'm so scared I'm ready to back out. But I know i need to do this.
Kim

La'Toya H.
on 8/17/09 4:24 am - Frisco, TX
I feel that same anxiety too!! lately I have been reading way too many blogs because I am starting to question if I choose the right surgery.. I have even called my surgeon and asked why he never suggested the DS. I swear when those individuals post they get you to thinking..

I am also freaked about my after care and pain etc.. just  nervous a bit... but Its glad to have OH friends like you all that keep me going. We are all on the same road,lets walk it together.. Keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same..

Respectfully,
La'Toya

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/09 9:47 am - Bensalem, PA
Hey.
I had my surgery on the same day as you.  How have you been doing?  The doctor told me that I need to up my excercise. I am just 9 weeks out and have only lost 65 pounds.  I felt pretty good about that but he was like "you need to excercise more, you need to watch what you eat more".  I try to keep it at 700 -800 calories per day with 70 grams of protein but it is hard. I am not sure where I need to be.  My nutritionist says to watch the protein and strive to get the 70 grams and not worry so much about the calories......I was just wondering where you are at? 
monalisa_mark
on 8/17/09 4:33 pm - St. Joseph, MO
Let's start a list as to why...... I will post it on a new thread, remind all those with nerves to remember.

Mona

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1086 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1062 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 884 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 844 views