August 19th my big day

Laura S.
on 8/18/09 6:41 am

Well, tomorrow morning at 9:45 is the time of my gastric bypass. I"m not too nervous but today is rough with the clear liquids and the mag citrate running rampent through my intestines right now. I just hope I don't have to stay in the hospital too long as I am a type 1 diabetic and being away from my usual doc's I am worried how bad they will screw up my blood sugars. I have already lowered all my rates so wish me luck and follow my blog, my next post will be post op!

RoseyNo
on 8/18/09 7:50 am
Hey Scooter,

My surgery is tomorrow too, at 11:15 a.m.  Good luck to you!  YAY!  The time is here!

I had to do the mag citrate too - ICK!  Bathroom is our best friend right now - lol

Blessings,

Debbie

Laura S.
on 8/18/09 10:57 am
Hey Debbie,
Thanks for the reply, my sittin place is quite sore but I am holding up ok, a bit hungry as I'm sure you are. That mag citrate is the worst bowel prep I have ever taken!
I will keep you in my prayers.
I live in NC, where do you live?
Good luck tomorrow I will be hopefully about done by the time you go in so lets get through this and make progress together!
We can do it!!!!!
Hugs and Prayers
Laura aka: Scooter
RoseyNo
on 8/18/09 8:00 pm

Laura,

Good luck today!  I live in Red Lion, PA.  I have a friend in Carburg, NC, are you near there?  Let's keep in touch!

Good luck!  WOO HOO today's the day!

Laura S.
on 8/21/09 8:37 am
HI Debbie,
I'm not sure where Carburg, NC is, I live in the middle of the state near the capital, Raleigh.
Got home today at about 1:30, kept me an extra day due to blood sugars being whacky but they are slowly coming down. The hospital and surgery was ok, the bed was horrible and I am so glad to be home with my own bed, took a nap this afternoon but so far so good.
No pain to speak of and really feeling pretty good.
Hope you are doing as well?
Let me know how you are ok?
Thinking of you
Friends,
Laura

Laughter is the best antidepressant pill on the planet and it's free!
Blessings
Laura S. aka Scooter

RoseyNo
on 8/24/09 6:58 pm
Hi Laura,

I'm glad you are feeling good.  Keep up the great job!

I had complications, pneumonia, low potassium and not producing enough urine.  I'm finally home as of yesterday.  Glad to be sleeping on my own sofa.  When the sun comes up, I'm planning on doing some walking.  Still sore, but I guess that's to be expected.

Feel better and let's keep in touch.  I had my first Cream of Asparagus soup - HEAVEN!  LOL

Debbie

Laura S.
on 8/24/09 11:50 pm
Hi Debbie,
Sorry you had complications but hope you are ok now. Being up and moving in the best thing you can do for yourself. I can't believe you are eating creamed soup already? I"m just sticking to the protein drinks and liquids either water, decaf tea with splenda or flavored water, no interest in other things right now.
My poor hubby has been fending for himself so I am actaully going to cook for him tonight. He is worried about me cooking him real food and I told him it would be fine I"m not tempted.
Each day seems better than the last so I hope you continue to progress as well.
Have my follow up for the 8th of Sept. won't be long! Then I get to progress to soft food! That will be interesting, real food again?
Have a great day and enjoy your soup!
Laura

Laughter is the best antidepressant pill on the planet and it's free!
Blessings
Laura S. aka Scooter

monalisa_mark
on 8/18/09 8:32 am - St. Joseph, MO
Hey there!!  Good luck, it will all be okay.  As for your blood sugars the majority of hosipitals in the US are working off the same algorithim using the same protocol.  So breathe easy.  You are going to be great!!

Mona

Laura S.
on 8/18/09 11:00 am
Thanks Mona, I"ve been a diabetic forever and I tend to take control as soon as I am alert and am bringing my own stuff including stuff in case I go too low and I can be very vocal if I need be, I've not survived for over 47 years by being a lamb so I know I will be fine but thanks for the encouragement! The prep was the hard part, now if I can get some sleep tonight, will write to everyone when I get back home again, hope by the weekend.
Laura aka Scooter
torpest5252
on 8/20/09 11:12 pm
good luck ,God Bless you ,,,i be here if u need me
Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1086 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1062 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 884 views