3rd week post op HELP!

Amy Smith
on 8/19/09 11:28 am
 I am in my 3rd week since RNY and this is the first week I have been having problems.

*  I have not lost any weight since last Wednesday (1 week ago?)  

* I feel great pressure in my chest when I eat or drink and have thrown up several times today on food that I have eaten before (scrambled egg and cheese).

*  I am not able to get all of my protein or liquids in because of the pain in my chest.  

* I am just generally worn out....I had been walking a mile and a half to two miles a day and this week I can hardly get in one mile.

Is something wrong?
Ideas for getting in more protein?

Please help!

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

Kelly Z.
on 8/20/09 1:23 am
I have no answers for you,sorry. But I would try to post this on a RNY message board or a more experienced message board maybe they would have good suggestions. Good luck!
Ms.Ronnie
on 8/21/09 2:06 am - Brooklyn, NY
Call your doc. Could be some kind of stricture??? At least I know I've read it before on quite a few posts. I would call him anyway, just to be safe.

Good luck.

Amy Smith
on 8/21/09 6:41 am
 Thanks Guys!

I did recently talk to the Dr. who said everything was fine and it would get better!  Today is the first day the girl I work with did not move a trash can next to me......:-)
dionne919
on 8/21/09 9:25 am - DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD
Getting in your protein is very important along with your carbs. If you don't get enough of both, you can have a lack of energy and feel light headed and dizzy. My nutritionist said that weeks 3-5 can be difficult because most people are not getting enough protein and carbs. See your Doctor about the pain in your chest. Take care of yourself.
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/09 12:19 am - Johnstown, PA
Are you stopping the drinking before you eat?
I've been having similar sensations (I'm a week behind you), and I find that I'm not always "sipping", so sometimes even the fluids are backing up.  When it comes time for my protein shake, there's nowhere for it to go, and I have had some terrible fullness and chest pain with nausea.  Just a thought.  (Man, an egg sounds good right now.  Next week for me!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1082 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1055 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 879 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 842 views