Surgery on Monday, Aug 24th

zavala05
on 8/22/09 12:54 am
I am set to have my surgery on Monday.  I am terrified of something going wrong but excited of the journey I'm about to begin. Just a month ago I was "just checking for information" and 36 days later I am having my surgery.  I just can't get over the fear of me dying. Help......
K ,.
on 8/22/09 5:38 am
You will be fine.....I just had my surgery 5 days ago....it's really not a bad experience at all.

Ken
Nikki Lee
on 8/22/09 5:47 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 08/25/09 with
my sugery is on the 25 and i am also very scared.  best of luck
sippiek
on 8/22/09 7:11 am - Lewistown, PA
I just got mine done last Monday.  There shoulldn't be any worries going in, but I'm sure it's natural that the thought still lingers a little. I was checked out from head to toe months before surgery with chest x-rays, ekg's and a stress test, had doppler studies on my legs to check for blood clots, sleep study, psychiatrist visit, endoscopy, saw the lung doctor -  the whole nine.  If you had these done and were all cleared, then you should have confidence going in on that alone.

Good luck!
monalisa_mark
on 8/22/09 7:53 am - St. Joseph, MO
We all have fear in the back of our minds.  However here is the reality, you have a smaller chance of dying in surgery than you do a car wreck, and if you don't do this I can guarentee you will die too soon. 

So your fear should be of the success youre going to have.

Breathe.  You will do wonderful and I can't wait to hear you are back home and doing well.

Let the anesthiest know you are anxious and they will give you something to help you relax. 

Enjoy the journey.

Mona

sdonohue
on 8/23/09 2:59 am - WA
Hey, good luck! I had my surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow and while I was nervous going in, I woke up just amazed at how easy is actually is.  You are doing amazing things for your health, so be proud.

SD

Ms.Ronnie
on 8/23/09 7:22 am - Brooklyn, NY
Hang in there...sending prayers and good thoughts your way...

You'll be fine. The surgery really isn't that bad and will be over before you know it.

We'll be waiting for you on the loser's bench.

tinyshad
on 8/23/09 8:55 pm - Rainier, WA
Sending you prayers and well wishes.  Had my surgery 5 days ago.  All is well.  Was easier than I expected.  Hurry come join me

Charmayne

applegate67
on 8/23/09 9:08 pm
 Fear not.  Fear is of the enemy, who only comes to kill, steal, and destroy.  The enemy wants you to fear, but have positive thoughts do not let negativity enter in, and l will pray that God will send His Holy Angels to encamp about you during your operation and keep all manner of evil away.  My RNY surgery is on Friday.  I pray the very best is coming your way.
martie002
on 8/23/09 10:28 pm - Australia
Hey Don't worry, you'll do fine! The surgery is really easy for you to get through. Getting back to eating has been my only challenge and I'm doing fine! I had my operation VSG last Tuesday and have had so little discomfort, you wouldn't think I had even had a surgery!  be prepared to feel a little more tired due to the effects of the anesthetics, but other than that, It's just part of the process of starting your new life! Go forward knowing you will never regret taking charge of your life and being the person you want to be!!
I look forward to hearing how you went soon!
Martie002

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1083 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1055 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 879 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 842 views