I had my gastric bypass surgery on August 10th, 2009

Donna M.
on 5/17/10 7:03 am
It is now 9 months later and I am still on cloud 9.  I'm 93 pounds lighter, feel great, look great, and have never had a regret about having the surgery.  I just couldn't do it on my own.  To all of you who are unsure, as long as there are no major health issues, GO FOR IT.  I was diabetic, and I still am, but my diabetes is so much more under control.  Pre-surgery, I was taking 3 different oral meds and 68  units of Lantus insulin each evening.  My A1C was 12.8 (norm is 6).  I am now off all oral meds, take only 15 units of Lantus each night, and my A1C is 6.7.  I'm getting there!
To all of you who have had the surgery, I hope you're as satisfied as I am.  I'm working on the last 30 pounds or so by exercising - but I'm doing things I like such as dancing and walking.  Good luck, all.
Shawn N.
on 5/27/10 5:59 am
I'm at the same place.  Congratualtions to us!  Good luck with your last 30 and your diabetes.
Shawn

Amy Smith
on 6/20/10 2:09 pm
I too am at the same point.  I have lost 100 pounds and want to lose another 30!  I have had some complications, but still am so happy I had the surgery. 
not2late
on 6/23/10 3:47 pm
I agree! Cloud Nine! So happy I had the surgery! My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! I had my surgery 10 1/2 months ago and lost 100 my first 8 months, have 42 more to go.
I haven't had any complications, and rarely "dumped".
I am so much healthier and have so much more energy now.
But the bad news is that I have been stalled the last two months! I only lost 8 pounds in 8 weeks. No diet change, no increase in carbs or decrease in protein, no less exercise.
Guess I have to exercise more?
Have you faced this? I heard of stalls that last a month...but TWO???
You all are about the same time out as me...just wondering if you slowed down at all.
Thanks and good luck as you hit that goal!!!
aualgirl
on 8/22/10 1:53 am
I am going through this too!  I have 21 left to go, and it is like I have stopped.  I have lost 109 pounds.  My one year date is Aug 24th!  I really want to make it all the way!  Good luck!  It is nice to know that I'm not alone.
Miriam Richardson
on 7/13/10 9:49 am - Eldorado, IL
I had my surgery the same day. I am very happy with my weight loss. I continue to loose about a pound a week.
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1086 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1061 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 884 views
My Dr. Appointment