Recent Posts

MovingOn09
on 11/30/13 7:58 pm - Biddeford, ME
Topic: RE: How do I slow the weight loss down as I near my goal?

I am wondering the same. I am four years out and have lost 26 pounds beyond my goal weight and I have not had success in stopping weight loss.  My metabolism has changed so much that it burns up everything I take in so quick.  I worry that at some point this is going to perhaps become an issue if it does not slow/stop.  

"I'm moving on, at last I can see, Life has been patiently waiting for me"            
Miriam Richardson
on 10/20/12 8:25 am - Eldorado, IL
Topic: RE: Is anyone eles having hypoglycemia issues?
I have had a few episodes, usually when I've over eaten especially carbs. I find that if I focus on protein I have less problems with it. I have also found that I can usually catch it before my blood sugar drops below 70. the shake**** somewhere around 75.
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

jav019
on 10/16/12 4:45 pm - madison, WI
Topic: Is anyone eles having hypoglycemia issues?
So for the last year and a half I have been having issues with my blood sugar. Somtimes its was high or low but it just wasnt right. So i kept telling my dr. and he wouldn't listen. Friday before last i had yet another appt. and wasn't feeling right as usual but it doesnt normally happen while I am sitting in the office but thank god it did this time. They checked my blood sugar and it was down to 22. I am so frustrated because at this point ANYTHING I eat causes problems either my blood sugar stays low are it shoots up fast and I am feeling like I am in a sauna and am going to pass out. on the opposite with it being low I freezing like i am outside in the middle of winter with no jacket and feel so tired that i cant even describe it. Next wensday i am going in for a 72 hr. testing so they can figure out if this is caused by the surgury or is my pancrease itself. When i went into the endocrinologist he mentioned like 4 times during the appointment the possiblity of a reversal. At this point i was i could just call and schedule it I am so over being sick 24/7 i have fibromyalgia, arthritis, CFS and along with a ton of other issues also sense i have lost weight my back problems are 10 times worse which is the opposite of what was supposed to happen.

Has anyones eles been having simmilar problems? If so what have you been able to eat?

Carla R.
on 9/3/12 11:48 pm - Millington, TN
Topic: RE: Terrified of gaining weight back
Hey guys, I havent been on here in forever. My 3 year post op was august 25th 2012. I had gotten down to 117. Now I'm at 150.Severe nausea the last year and half doctors can't find anything wrong. They have told me some people are just nauseated the rest of their life. great way to exist , right. So I've basically been eating a lot of carbs because it's easy on my tummy. But now I am trying so hard to start adding nuts, seeds Beans and easy digestable fruits and veggies back into my diet trying my best to see if I can loose some of this stubborn weight gain. I feel like I just can not get a grip on this thing most days. I am also on an Insulin Pump now. Yep, that wasn't supposed to happen either. Diabetes was supposewd to magically disappear. I've just recently updated my blog and told my whole story. so I was just wondering what was going on with other people who were as far out as me and if I was the only one really depleated by this weight gain that I am having a terrible time trying to break. Seems like I could loose weight easier before my Bypass but now it just won't budge.
jenjenor2
on 7/22/12 5:19 am - South St. Paul, MN
Topic: RE: Terrified of gaining weight back
Hi,

I so understand your plight. Yes, I'm 2 years post op and have gained 23 lbs. back from my lowest weight. I still wanted to lose 20 more pounds, now I have 43 to lose. My same habits are creeping back in, too. Very frightening, isn't it? We went through so much to get the surgery and during and after surgery, too. I had the Rou-en-Y. Did you? I keep walking to the fridge and opening the door and staring in. It takes tremendous effort to shut that door and walk away. I've been grabbing a big glass of water lately instead and that seems to be helping. I just started walking 2 miles a day and am hoping that exercise will also lower my appetite. If you are trying to conceive, I'm sure the stress isn't helping. Try to relax and not worry or obssess about conceiving. I went through that, as well, when I was younger. I remember how emotionally frustrating the roller-coaster of emotions were. Am I pregnant? Damn, I'm not. Am I? Damn I'm not. Such huge emotional struggles in getting pregnant. It can only help you to relax for both limiting weight gain and making you more fertile with less stress. Hang in there! Try walking to reduce the stress. I also find that reading helps. It's difficult to worry about something when you're reading. You're mind can only focus on the book.

Take care, sweety. You will be fine and who cares about the other 30 pounds you lost an amazing amount of weight!!!! I only lost 90.

Jennifer
Jilly_Bean
on 3/16/12 11:52 am - Round Rock, TX
Topic: Terrified of gaining weight back
I can't believe it's almost been 3 years! I had lost 107lbs total and was wanting to lose 30 more lbs and working really hard but the scale wasn't moving. Well I'm sure you have all experienced this at some time but I just got so discouraged and kind of gave up during the holidays. Since then I've gained 8lbs back. I'm also trying to concieve and constantly think I'm pregnant so I'm not as worried about what I'm eating. HELP! I need to get back on track, I'm just feeling so defeated and having all of these pre surgery feelings about food and myself coming back. I was really hoping I would never have the same relationship with food again but it seems to be creeping back into my life. Has anyone else experienced this? And what did you do to get back on track?
InkdSpEdTchr
on 3/2/12 4:12 am
Topic: RE: Almost 3 years out
Yeah! I'm glad to see you back here and having done so well! Hope it was all smooth sailing :)

Where's the new pics??

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

monica196642
on 1/22/12 8:49 am - NJ
Topic: RE: Almost 3 years out
 That's awesome!!

"All things are difficult before they are easy."
- Dr. Thomas Fuller

“Be the change you want to see in the world.?  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

pearls92
on 1/19/12 10:33 am - Greenville, NC
Topic: Almost 3 years out
Hello everyone its been a while since I posted.  I have lost 140 lbs and have been maintaining a weight of 210.  Im 5' 10 so I actually look smaller than 210....I now wear a size 12 from a 28 and can get into some size 10 if there made right (lol)  I am pleased with my progress.  looking for any other august 2009 babies.

InkdSpEdTchr
on 7/25/11 4:41 pm
Topic: RE: I'm around
Congrats on the wt.  loss, but I'm guessing you need an updated avatar pic....

I'm sorry to hear that you had serious troubles after surgery, but why would that keep you from posting?

As for me, I'm still stuck in this dang cast and dropping weight which is not good cuz I had added 10lbs of muscle this season, and in a month I've lost half that...uggg...but it's only temporary and I will get it back and then some!

I hope that you're doing great!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1086 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1061 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 884 views