I finally got my date... Finally!!!

Rachel P.
on 7/28/10 12:14 pm
I can't believe I finally got my surgery date!! I now feel the reality setting in.. I will have it on the 17th of Aug.. @ 5:30am I have to arrive there... I go into setup and around 7:30am I have my surgery... Its been a lonnnnnnnnng hauuul let me tell ya... I have to lose 35lbs from now until then.. Do u think its possible? I have to be on official shakes starting the 3rd of Aug. however; I've started somewhat some of the shakes now. Like today I had my breakfast of eggs, 2 tukey bacon strips, 1 toast w/juice and my vitamins... Lunch tuna w/lite mayo handful of baked chips w/diet soda and dinner came just finished my chocolate shake w/banana abt 20min ago.. Man let me tell u something ok... I'm mexican descent and 1 of my fav meals that i love to eat is frito pie... OMG!! I had to stay up in my room while my mother was cooking this dish up.. I'm in my room smelling the spices.. I never knew how beautiful fricken frito pie spices smell like... Altho it was extremley hard for me, I stayed up here and contiued to drink my dinner. I know this is good for me so I'm gonna be strong, I have to be bcuz I've come so far... I have been blessed that things have come to play the way they have. I'm glad now w/all these tests that I've taken nothing has come back w/bad news.. So now its official, soon I'll b on the losers bench w/u all and I just can't wait. This is going to be my birthday present, on the 19th is my birthday... I'm considering this my gift to myself. My gift of the beginning of my journey to a healthier new life. Everything is falling into place for me and now I'm just gonna concentrate and focus on my goals.. My doc told me b4 that if I don't lose the weight b4 surgery he will not operate. He says he wants the best and safest surgery for me. Thank goodness he cares and becuz of that I have to do my part. Altho its hard I just have to set it in mind that its got to be done. I don't want to fail myself anymore...
Can anybody give me advice on the losing 35 lbs part? Is it possible that I can go down that much by the 17th, pls let me knw of anything u can recommend for me to do... Anything helps for me right abt now..

So glad I have OH to help me w/my journey.. W/out OH man I would be so lost its not even funny... Hope to hear from u all soon until then God Bless n b safe...

Rachel....
MK M.
on 7/29/10 7:10 am - Natick, MA
congratulations rachel!

35 is a lot to lose in two and a half weeks, but you can do it! the three things you need to focus on are exercise, water, and being 100% committed to your food plan

i had a little longer, but i found in the beginning that just going low-cal/low-fat wasn't working as quickly as i needed it to, so i went the low-carb route and have been rocking the weight loss. my daily intake is:

-atkins protein shake for breakfast
-one low-fat string cheese for snack
-atkins protein shake for lunch
-lean protein (chicken, turkey - i don't like fish, but that would work, too) and green veggies (broccoli, asparagus, green beans) for dinner
-and another atkins protein shake either between lunch & dinner if i'm eating late or a couple of hours before bed if i eat early.
-i drink lots of water, too.

the other piece is getting in some cardio every day. i started with 20-30 minutes in the morning and am currently doing up to an hour in the morning (workout DVDs) with another 30 minutes at night (DVD or a walk outside). if you're not used to exercising, a great one to start with is the leslie sansome walk away the pounds series. and instead of buying DVDs you may not like, try netflix or even exercisetv or fittv through your cable service. we get workouts "on demand" for free with out verizon fios, and i found some terrific ones.

the most important thing to do is document this all - religiously - in your food/activity journal. (i use spark people on my iphone)

be honest and accountable to yourself and i know you'll succeed!
Most Active
Recent Topics