Surgery Date Aug 25th,,,,

_Karen
on 8/5/10 10:32 pm - Clearwater, FL

So excited and so ready for this.

Good luck to you all!!!

Marcy Coyne
on 8/7/10 12:35 am - Novi, MI
RNY on 08/25/10 with
surgery is the same date as mine.  Are u having theYour  rny or what kind.  I also am so excited for this 

grammamarcy

_Karen
on 8/7/10 1:09 am - Clearwater, FL
Yes RNY and I feel the same way as you....excited!   Lets stay in touch :)

Debj1114
on 10/1/10 5:42 am
Hi Karen,
  I had by GBS on Aug. 26th, how are you doing ? I have lost a little over 50 lbs. since a month before my surgery and I am totally turned off of food. I seem to be clinging to my " comfort soft foods" because they are easier even though I am suppossed to be on a full diet. If you get a chance let me know how you are. Someone at my support group meeting gave me thois website because I seem to be the only one who feels this way and it sucks ! Deb in NJ
kanashi
on 10/3/10 8:17 am - Henderson, NV
My surgery was August 25th as well, and I don't want to eat often either.

_Karen
on 10/25/10 11:04 am - Clearwater, FL

Im not doing that great and not happy with my results at all so far.  I am hoping it changes but I don't see it happening ;0(

Mary B.
on 11/2/10 5:50 am - Southern, MD
Hey Karen!

I had surgery Aug 25 too. whats going on? I see that you are a little disappointed.

Looks like we are at about the same loss.

I really could be doing better, but Its my own fault as usual. Too many calories...When I was counting calories before, I would have been so happy to be at 1200! now, its just way too many. 
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

_Karen
on 11/10/10 8:36 am, edited 11/10/10 8:37 am - Clearwater, FL
I am going to be 3 months next week and from the day I got the surgery until today I am only down 28 lbs ( I lost 13 lbs preop, so 41 total) . I am losing so slowly compared to everyone else even my Surgeon said I was losing slow. I mean I know I am 55 but I am active. I am not that great with my food either. I really don't have a ton of time to prepare special meals for myself. I have oatmeal in the mornings and a salad or soup for lunch, then chicken or some type of protein for dinner. I usually have some protein pudding or something in there also. I am not eating a ton of calories and what I am eating I only absorb 70% so what is the deal? I am just about ready to give up!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics