Dealing with People's Unsolicited Advise

mrsfloflo
on 11/5/10 2:44 am - Grand Prairie, TX
So at work yesterday, one of the volunteers complimented me on my progress, which was very nice. Then she asked me if I'm exercising and I told her I try to walk twice a week. She immediately proceeded to tell me that that wasn't enough and I was going to have loose skin. I engaged, which I shouldn't have. And I told her that I'm always so fatigued and I'm trying my best.

I have never been able to deal very well with unsolicited advise, but it just makes me so angry that she would even say something like that to me...

Or am I angry because she's right. I don't know what's wrong with me...why it's been so hard to get all the water in daily. Why I hate to exercise even tho' I PROMISED myself that with this new tool and drastic change (WLS) that I wouldn't "mess up" I would do things right. I would excercise, etc. I haven't done any of that... I'm so mad at myself.

It's been two months of overwhelming changes, but others still excercise...why don't I do that?

Okay, well I posted because now I do need advise. Anyone dealing with unsolicited advise? With not meeting expectations you set forth for youself? With not exercising?

Bleh....

"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

_Karen
on 11/10/10 8:40 am - Clearwater, FL

I have only told a very few people in my life and I really only have one sister that even mentions it, I have 5 kids and not one of them even ask me about it.  ;0(   I am not sure what is worse,,,someone being too nosy or people not being concerned enough to ask about it at all.   

chubblynomore
on 11/12/10 3:45 am - Canada
I get mad at myself in those situations for letting them get in under my skin. 

It's none of her business and she was very rude.  Blow it off.  It's your life and your body.  Move on to the next person who will probably tell you how great you're looking! 
jeckelynn
on 11/19/10 12:39 am
Most Active
Recent Topics