Recent Posts

brcka2
on 4/23/12 12:26 am - Lake Station, IN
Topic: How are you progressing..have you started to gain?
Just wanted to check on everyone who had surgery around the time I did and see how everyone is progressing. I noticed, that I gained 3 lbs...I got off track a little I guess, so i have been working hard to knock those three lbs off and it is so difficult working out 5 days aweek and eating so healthy isn't working as well as it did a year ago. DO NOT want to gain again, that would be such a disappointment. Not to mention embarressing! I went thru hell to lose the weight and to only gain it back is not an option...Anyone have any good tips???
_Karen
on 8/16/11 6:00 pm - Clearwater, FL
Topic: RE: Surgery was August 27, 2010
I'm not sure I don't count them, I just try and have a few shakes and 3 meals but the meals are small.

brcka2
on 7/22/11 10:53 pm - Lake Station, IN
Topic: RE: How are August RNY People doing today?
Let me ask you all this question...DO you feel like you weight loss has changed your life? Do people see you differnently...I changed the way i dressed and i am more social now and some people like that and some people don't. It's like they judge you differently. For instance at work I use to sit at my desk and work, eat and drink. Now i walk around more, i go to the break room and socialize, I dress alot nicer and my boss is constantly on me like im doing something wrong. I told her i am just more outgoing now not that person who sat at my desk and was fat. Why can't people just except us for us, no matter what we look like. It's amazing how people who wouldn't give you the time of day before, will now open doors for you. Sorry Just venting.
omma24
on 7/22/11 3:09 am
Thanks, brcka2.  I have just been feeling the need to vent lately from the frustration.  But I am def. not going to give up..and I will meet my goal even if it takes longer than I had hoped!  =)

brcka2
on 7/20/11 7:14 pm - Lake Station, IN
You are doing a great job, don't give up. I have little stalls all the time and some times they last for weeks. If your working out more, your probably building muscle and burning fat. If you read most of the posts we are all right around the same amount of weight, so your doing a great job. It does get tougher, but keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
omma24
on 7/20/11 7:02 am
I had my surgery 8/11/10.  HIghest weight ever was 328... 1st visit to surgeon was 307 and day of surgery was 280.  I am now almost a year out and am stuck right at 200...can't seem to break out of the 200's and into the 100's.  Things have come to a standstill...very frustrated.  I walk 3.5 miles/ day or more.  And have just started to add running to my program and lift weights on off running days.  I feel like I am getting enough exercise and I really enjoy it.  Never thought that would happen.  But not sure what to do about my food... I eat around 1000 calories a day.   Don't know where to go from here...

omma24
on 7/20/11 6:51 am
But how many calories should we be eating at this point?  I am so freaking frustrated now..

aspan
on 7/13/11 3:54 pm
Do you keep a food journal? I use fitday, I like it because it keeps track of protein, carbs, calories etc...its kind of a pain at first because you have to enter a lot of food but it keeps all the food you entered so once its there its there...I would suggest to use a program like that if you don't already, if your carbs are high (above 50) I would say drop your carbs, up your protein to at least 80 grams per day...add a protein shake to do this if you don't drink them already...hope that helps!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
aspan
on 7/13/11 3:49 pm
I had my surgery  Aug 16th, I have lost about 105 pounds depending on the day...I still have a lot of restriction and have a really hard time eating...so my goal now is trying to eat "more", who would have ever thought a year ago that would be a challenge! lol..great job on your weight loss, keep it up!
HW: 260? SW: 242 Surgeons GW: 150 First GW: 140 Second GW: 130 CW: 122      
brcka2
on 6/10/11 3:54 am, edited 6/10/11 4:36 am - Lake Station, IN
Seems like a trend, I have to work so hard now to lose the weight, but i hear some people say if you don't get enough calories, your body won't burn fat. I have still a fat tummy, it's just a pouch but i would love to get it down to just skin...LOL But for the most part I feel so much better then i did a year ago.

Don't give up!

Most Active
Recent Topics